Chapter one

It's been 6 weeks and Monse's finally home a lot has changed about her not just her physical appearance but also her confidence. She's standing tall ready to face Cesar and tell him that she wants to be with him. Cesar on the other hand would do anything to have one more week to think of an excuse to why he told people what happened between them before she left.

*knock knock knock* Monsé finally got to her house from the bus stop the walk felt longer than the 6 weeks she was away. "Monse!" Ruby says. "Hey guys, what's up?" Monse asks as she looks at Jamal who's rubbing his hands nervously. "Nothing's up. Why would something be up? The past 6 weeks? Nothing happened. NOTHING I SAY. Stop asking so many questions." Jamal says in one quick breath. "Ok seriously what happened?" Monse crosses her arms and looks back and forth between the boys. "Say anything and you're dead." Ruby hisses. "Jamal, please?" Monse asks nicely. "Cesar told Spooky that you and Cesar smashed before you left for camp." Jamal bursts out. He falls back on the couch and lets out a huge breath. "He what? How could he?" Monse huffs. "Is it true?" Ruby asks. "What? How can you ask me that?" Monse says. "That's not an answer Monse." Ruby says. "Get out now!" Monse screams.

Across the street Cesar sees the boys leave now's his chance to use whatever he can to tell Monse why he did what he did. *knock knock* Monse opens the door and sees Cesar. Anger and disappointment boils up in her she slammed the door in his face. He runs to her bedroom window before she can lock it and jumps through it. Monse gets to her room a minute too late. "Get out... now." She snarls. "Not until I explain everything." He says taking a step towards her. She grabs her bat, "I said get out." Cesar is pushed back by the bat, he has pain in his eyes as he falls onto the bed. "And I said no." He grabs the bat and pulls her to the bed. "Just hear me out. Please Monse." He places his hand on her cheek. "Why should I, you shouldn't have said anything." Monse says as she pushes his hand away. She's about to stand up when Cesar blurts out, "I claimed you." Monse stands quickly and clenches her fists. "You what?! Why would you do that?" She says through clenched teeth. "Oscar was trying to get at you when he saw the picture you sent me of you and your friends from camp. I couldn't let that happen and I know it would've happened, so what else was i supposed to do Monse." Cesar puts his head in his hands and looks back up at Monse she's basically frozen. Monse sits next to Cesar again. "Everyone knows now, and to think I was actually going to tell you I wanted to be with you. I'm basically stuck with you now. No one's going to want to date me after Spooky's little brother claimed me." Monse says. "You're not stuck with me. You wanted to be with me before this so what changed? I claimed you and now you don't want to be with me? How does that make sense? Besides it shouldn't matter if no one else wants to be with you." Cesar proclaims. "And why shouldn't it matter?" Monse asks. "Because I want to be with you Monse so why does it matter that any other guy won't date you." Cesar says. He tucks a strand of Monse's hair behind her ear and kisses her cheek. She looks at him and is completely confused. Should she kiss him or continue to be angry until he actually apologizes. "All I wanted to do was keep you safe." He says. "I don't care. I wouldn't care if you claimed me if we were actually something but we had sex once that's it." She decided to be angry, she knew he meant well but that didn't seem to make it better. "If it didn't mean anything then why'd you want me to stay with you after and watch a movie? Why'd you hug and kiss me during the whole movie? If it didn't mean anything then why would you make me feel this way about you Monse!" Cesar stands up and runs a hand through his hair. "I never said it didn't mean anything." Monse whispers. "You're acting like it was any other guy." Cesar walks towards the window ready to leave when Monse springs to her feet and blocks him from the window. She doesn't have a next move she just stands there. Cesar pulls her in by her waist and holds her tight. "You're not any other guy Cesar and before you claimed me I was going to choose to be with you but instead it's like I have no choice." Monse says as she looks into his eyes like they could fix everything. "You have a choice. Be with me or you say the word and I can tell everyone I was lying and find another way to keep Spooky away." Cesar leans his forehead on Monse's, almost pleading for her to pick the first option. "It'll ruin the crew if we're together, and it could ruin whatever this is if you tell people it was all a lie." Monse says. "Nothing could ruin this." Cesar says. She leans in and kisses Cesar. They continue until they fall back onto the bed. "We need to stop." Cesar says. Monse and Cesar sit up, Monse still on Cesar's lap. "We need to decide what we're going to do before anything else happens." Cesar says. "Who said anything else is going to happen?" Monse asks. "We don't have to decide now." Monse says. She kisses his neck and tries to lift his shirt but he pulls it back down. She tries again and he pushes her away. She pulls up his shirt and before he can react there they are bruises up and down his stomach. She grazes them with her finger tips and says, "You got jumped in?"