Chapter 2: part 2

*Monse's Phone, the crew's group chat, right after school*

Ruby: you guys all need to come over right after school
Cesar: can't I have plans w/ Monse
Monse: what plans??
Jamal: I'll be there
Monse: WHAT PLANS!
Ruby: my "cousin" is moving in and she's hot
Monse: that's gross Ruby
Cesar: ig if you can't keep it in the pants then keep it in the family right Monse?
Monse: that's disgusting

*After school, Monse's house*

Monse's getting ready to go to Ruby's house when she hears Cesar's voice say, "I guess you decided no clothes would be better." She grabs and shirt and throws it on. "I was changing. You know, to go to Ruby's house?" Monse says. "Come on, you left you're window open and I already told Ruby we weren't going over there." Cesar says as he walks closer to Monse. "I already told you it's not happening." Monse says as she walks towards her door. If Cesar was being honest he just wanted to spend time with her alone. "Wait." He says quickly and as soon as she turns to him his lips are on hers. She kisses him back for a second but then she pulls away. "We can't keep doing this. It's not just about us." Monse wraps her arms around him. "I have an idea, let's go to Ruby's." Cesar says as he lets go of Monse and opens the door. "What? Why?" Monse asks. "If this is really about the crew then let's go tell them." Cesar says. "Yeah let's go to Ruby's, and meet his cousin but that's it." Monse says. "Monse I want to be with you." Cesar says. "I want to be with you too but... That's not enough." Monse says as she leaves a barely-there kiss on his lips.

*Ruby's house*

"I thought you guys had plans?" Ruby asks as he meets them out on the porch. "Yeah somethings are more important than just the two of us." Monse says as she looks at Cesar with sad eyes. "I guess." Ruby says giving her a weird look. "Ruby aren't you forgetting something." Ruby's mom says as she drags a teenage girl out onto the porch. "This is Olivia she'll be staying with us for a little while." Ruby's mom walks back into the house leaving Olivia standing awkwardly. "Hi, I'm Monse that's Cesar. Sorry we weren't here earlier." Monse says. "Ruby can I talk to you over there. You know, about our chem assignment?" Monse asks with raised brows. "What? Oh right chem gotcha." Ruby and Monse step off the porch. "He's not taking this seriously it's like he doesn't care that he's in the gang." Monse says. Cesar lifts his shirt and "wipes his sweat". "Not cool man I told him I liked her first." Ruby says. Monse look over but his shirts already down. "Ruby focus he's not doing anything."Monse says. "So when you go talk to Spooky don't talk with your hands, oh and don't say anything stupid that'll make him punch you." Monse says. Of course Ruby didn't care or listen to a word she said.

*that night, Ruby is on the phone with Cesar*

"You know I'm not blessing this, but Monse can't be the one to do this." Cesar says through the phone. "Go before school he'll be waiting. He has a lot of  respect for your brother so he knows not to hurt you or do anything stupid." Cesar tells Ruby even though he knows Ruby will mess up. "I don't get why Monse can't do it. What's the big deal?" Ruby asks. He's trying everything to get out of this. "It's Monse, she'll just make it worse." Cesar explains.

*next morning Monse and Olivia walk up to Cesar's house*

"Hey I'll catch up, I just need to talk to Cesar really quick." Monse says. Olivia nods and keeps walking. As soon as Cesar walks out Monse says, "I really don't think Ruby should be the one to talk to Oscar." "You're right, no one should be yet here we are." Cesar says. "But I can—" Cesar cuts Monse off. "Yeah, maybe you are a good option you'll badger my brother until he dies." Cesar says sarcastically. "I don't badger. Give me an example of how I've done that and when I've done that before. You can't, can you?" Monse says quickly. "Olivia wait up!" Cesar yells as he leaves Monse behind in front of his house. Monse follows him. In the mean time Ruby goes and talks to Oscar.

*at school Ruby walks up to the crew proudly*

"It's done and I killed it!" Ruby states. "Yeah killed it so hard that I got promoted. Spooky texted me and I'm gonna start running for the Santos." Cesar says. "No, Spooky and I had an understanding." Ruby says in disappointment. "Like I said there's nothing we can do and I don't blame you, I blame Monse." Cesar says with anger in his voice. "Me?" Monse yells. "Yeah you're the instigator and the freaking honey badger. You couldn't have just listened to me? No more this is over!" Cesar says as shoots angry looks at Monse. Jamal and Ruby walk away. "It wasn't just me you know. We all came up with the plan." Monse states. "I know it was you, all you. And you should really make it up to me." Cesar says with a smile. Monse rolls her eyes and says, "You need to stop, that thing that's not a thing is over." Monse says. Olivia walks up to them and it's the perfect opportunity to make Monse jealous. "Am I interrupting something?" Olivia asks as Monse and Cesar exchange weird looks. "So do you wanna hangout after school." Cesar and Monse ask Olivia at the same time. "Sorry I have plans with Monse, maybe another time." Olivia says. "I'm happy to join." Cesar says with a smile. "It's just girl stuff." Olivia said. "Oh, can I watch?" Cesar asks. Monse rolls her eyes and walks away. She turns around and she's Cesar staring and her while he puts his number in Olivia's phone. She nearly crashed into a table but she steps away just in time. Cesar can't help but smile when he sees how tripped up she got.