Chapter 8: part 3

Cesar pulls off her shirt slowly before throwing it to the side. "Maybe we should stop and talk about this." Monse says in between kisses. "Let me make one more argument about why we should keep going." Cesar smirks. "Fine, but I'm not gonna change my-" he grabs her hips tightly and she stops talking. He laughs a little under his breath. Cesar presses her against himself and he kisses her deeply. Slowly making his way down from her lips to just above her pants. "You still want to talk?" He asks against her skin. "Shut up." She says and he laughs.
***********************
"You ready to talk about it?" Monse asks. Cesar hold her close and he nods. "Spooky wants me to kill Latrelle." He says bluntly because no matter how he says it, it all ends the same. "Are you serious?" She asks. "Yeah, the only reason I didn't already do it was because Latrelle's little sister showed up." Cesar says. "We'll find a way to get you out of it, we always do." Monse says sweetly. "This isn't stealing something or tagging something... there's only one way out of it." He says in a serious tone. "No, we can call Latrelle and warn him... or talk to Oscar about going to culinarily school. We can-" Cesar leans his forehead on Monse's and she knows he feels hopeless. "Can we please not talk about it?" He begs. "But we need to." She insists. "Why? I either kill him or I get killed I don't have a lot of options." Cesar says sternly. "I'm sorry, I came here because you're the only one who knows how to make me feel better and I just don't feel like talking about any of that right now." Cesar apologizes. "It's ok, I get it." Monse says. "No matter what happens you'll be safe." Cesar promises Monse. She puts her hand on his cheek and kisses him softly. "I'm not worried about myself all I care about right now is you." Monse says. "So, NYU?" Cesar says but it comes out like a question. "I was going to tell you but we still have a lot of time." Monse shrugs. "I'm gonna support you no matter what. New York, California, you could even go to Florida and my feelings for you wouldn't change." Cesar says. "I just don't want to settle for an ok writing program." Monse explains. "Four years isn't that long, we can figure everything out." Cesar smiles. "Yeah and hopefully I'll have my own room in your beach house." She laughs and Cesar shakes his head. "Not your own room." Cesar shakes his head. "Why not?" She asks. "Because you're gonna be sharing with me." He says. "You sure Olivia won't be sharing a room with you?" Monse asks seriously. "Olivia's right now. You and me we're long term." Cesar rolls over and pulls Monse on top of him. "Ok, but we better have an ocean view." Monse smiles. "I'm gonna have the best view in the house." Cesar says. "I thought we were sharing a room." Monse says. "Yeah, but I'm gonna have a view of you." Cesar says with a cheesy smile. "Stop!" She laughs. She lays her face on his chest and she keeps on smiling. "For all that to happen I have to make some hard decisions right now." Cesar points out. "We'll figure it out but you don't have to do it alone." Monse kisses Cesar again. "I know, I just hate dragging you in to this stuff." Cesar tightens his grip on her. "You can tell me anything. I'm always going to be here for you." She says. After a few more minutes of talking Monse falls asleep and soon so does Cesar.

*Cesar's Dream*
"Welcome home babe." Cesar says as he wraps his arms around Monse. "Thanks, I swear that is the last time I need to leave town for the book signings." Monse says as she drops her bag. "It looks really busy downstairs. We're going to have to beg Oscar for a reservation." Monse smiles. "As much as I love talking about my brother being successful I love kissing my fiancé even more." Cesar tells Monse. "I'm sorry baby." Monse says. She kisses him and smiles. Suddenly Latrelle bursts through their front door. "You really thought I wouldn't come for you?" He screams. Points a gun to Monse and throws another gun to Cesar. "You decide. You gonna kill me or are you gonna let her die?" He asks. "I can't shoot you just let her go!" Cesar pleads. "Talking to me won't fix shit! Shoot me or watch her die." Latrelle demands. "Cesar do the right thing. I trust you." Monse says. Cesar's drops the gun and Latrelle shoots Monse. "No!" He screams. He runs down the stairs but instead of seeing a restaurant he's alone in front of his house in Freeridge. "You're next." Latrelle says.

Cesar's wakes up in a cold sweat and sees Monse asleep next to him. She starts to wake up so he rubs her back in small circles. "Don't worry Monse, I'll protect you. No one's going to hurt you." He whispers. He rubs the sleep out of his eyes and he goes to the bathroom to splash water on his face. "Are you ok?" Monse asks when she steps into the bathroom. "Yeah, just go back to sleep I just needed a minute." Cesar says. Monse shakes her head and wraps her arms around his waist. "You were moving a lot in your sleep are you sure you're ok?" Monse asks as Cesar breathes heavily. "I'm not, but I just wanna go to sleep we can talk in the morning." Cesar says. Monse looks at Cesar with concern in her eyes and he picks her up and brings her back to bed. "We're gonna be ok." Cesar kisses Monse's temple. "Don't worry about me right now." Monse says as she plays with Cesar's hair until he falls back to sleep.