Chapter 8: part 2

"I can get used to this." Oscar smiles as they walk down the beach. "Good, 'cause I'm gonna move here someday." Cesar says seriously and Oscar laughs. "I'm serious!" Cesar declares. "Monse maybe, but you? Unless she's your sugar mama." Oscar laughs. "I'll be in New York." Monse says. Cesar looks at her with his eyebrows furrowed. "I'll visit you in your box." Oscar tells Cesar. "I'm gonna have a killer house and you're not visiting." Cesar pauses before finishing his sentence and you can Oscar's expression sadden. "You're gonna live with me." Cesar adds. "Who says I wanna live in a beach house?" Oscar asks. Cesar laughs and keeps walking. "Yeah I guess I could live in a beach house." Oscar laughs. "I better have my own room." Monse smiles. "Nah, you'll be too busy in New York." Cesar says with no expression. "Doesn't mean I won't visit all the time." Monse's staring to notice that Cesar's upset. "So, how are you gonna afford it? This ain't Freeridge." Oscar says. "I'm gonna be an architect. I'll design arenas, buildings and of course my own beach house." Cesar proclaims. "Only now that I know you'll be living with me I'm thinking multi-use." Cesar says. "What's that mean?" Oscar asks. "It means your restaurant will be downstairs and we'll live above it." Cesar explains. "What kind of school do you gotta go to, to be an architect?" Oscar asks. "A good one, but I got it all planned out. JC for a couple of years to save the cash, then I'll transfer to UCLA." Cesar says. "That's a good plan. How are you gonna afford it?" Oscar asks. "I'll figure it out." Cesar shrugs. "Hey... we'll figure it out." Oscar says seriously. "Besides, there's always scholarships and I happen to know the best person to help me write all my applications." Cesar says as he throws his arm around Monse's shoulders. "Olivia's freaking out. I'm gonna send her a picture so she knows I'm not lying when I say I'm ok." Cesar says. "I probably shouldn't be in it." Monse says. She takes Cesar's arm off of her shoulders and stands to the side. "Hermano, your plans are good and everything but you gotta figure this out too. It's one thing to have a hyna on the side... but dating your hyna and having your ruca as the side piece, that's fucked up." Oscar says. "Monse's not my ruca or my side piece." Cesar says. "You sure? It looks like you don't even wanna be with Olive." Oscar says. "But what do I know? I'm just the smarter brother." He laughs. "It's not that I don't wanna be with her, it's just... look at Monse. She's different, you know?" Cesar says. "Yeah, it's a good thing you claimed her. Does your girlfriend know that?" Oscar asks as he walks back over to Monse. "So New York." Oscar says. "Yeah, I want to go to NYU." Monse says. "Does Cesar know?" Oscar asks. "Not until today." She admits. "You should've told him. He loves you." Oscar says bluntly. Cesar catches up to them before Monse can ask any questions. They walk back to the car and drive back to Freeridge. "You gonna be ok tonight?" Cesar asks when they drop off Monse. "Yeah, if something happens I'll call you." Monse says. "Trust me, nothing's gonna happen." Oscar says. "I'll call you later, ok?" Cesar says and Monse nods. "Goodnight." She says. She turns around and walks to her door and Cesar laughs. "What?" She asks. "Come here." He pulls her back over and kisses her. "What if someone saw that?" Monse asks nervously. "I'll figure things out with Olivia, I promise." Cesar kisses her one more time before he gets back in his brother's car. "Don't let her go." Oscar says. "It's not my choice." Cesar shrugs. "Yeah but losing her over some dumb shit like Olivia that's pointless." Oscar says genuinely. They drive for a little bit and Oscar pulls over at a park. "We need more days like this." Oscar says and Cesar agrees. "More time to hangout." He adds. "You know I'd do anything for you, right?" Oscar asks. "Yeah." Cesar nods. "For real... anything. I love you, 'mano." Oscar says. "Dude are you crying?" Cesar asks. "Nah fool, I just got smoke in my eyes." Oscar laughs and tries to act tuff. "If anything happens to you-" Cesar cuts off Oscar. "Nothing's happening to me." He says. "I know little Spooky. That's why we're here. We need to handle this." Oscar points at Latrelle.
Monse sits in her room and looks at her phone. "I can't believe she needed a babysitter and I missed it. I could've met her." Monse mumbles to herself. She doesn't regret spending the day with Cesar but she's desperate for the chance to meet her mom. "You know what this is starting to borderline on addiction." Monse says as she picks up her laptop. "She's probably not my mom." Monse unfriends her on Facebook but she's second guessing herself. Would it look weird? She didn't want to be rude but it was too late to turn back now. She grabs her phone and paces back and forth for a minute before Cesar knocks on her window. She looks up, she's him and opens the window right away. He climbs through looking obviously upset and he doesn't say a word. "Are you ok?" She asks. He hugs her and barriers his face in her hair. She pulls away so she can look him in the eyes. Everything was good a few hours ago. "Cesar talk to me. What do you need?" Monse asks. Hearing her say those words he doesn't even think for a second, he knows what he needs. He walked over to her house without thinking because she was the only person he wanted to be around even when things were bad... especially when things were bad. He holds her face gently and he kisses her slowly. She puts one hand in his hair and the other is draped over his shoulder. He wraps and arm around her lower back and they fall onto her bed. "We can talk later." He says with his forehead against her's and she just nods her head. "If it's something serious maybe we should talk about it now. I can help you figure it out or whatever you need." She says as he kisses down her neck. "Shut up, all I need right now is you." He says before kissing her lips again. "Ok." Is all she says before going back to kissing him again.