Chapter 2: Part 3

Later that night Monse shows up at Cesar's house. She knocks on a window even though it's already open. "What's up?" He asks with a smile so slight it was barely there. "I just wanted you to know we all came up with the plan, not just me." She says. "Yup I heard you the first time." He says with a questioning look. "And I'm not a honey badger, I just have a lot to say." She says with her arms crossed. "Whatever you say... honey badger." He whispers the last part under his breath but it's just loud enough that she can hear him. "Goodnight Monse." He says as he closed the window but Monse stopped him. "So you don't blame me anymore? I mean there was never a reason to blame me in the first place but-" Cesar cuts her off. "Why didn't you just text me?" He asks. "Tone is never properly conveyed through texts and you know that." Monse states. "You're a writer... oh I see what you're really doing." Cesar says with a smirk. "What? I just wanted to make sure-" Cesar cuts her off again. "Olivia's really pretty isn't she?" Cesar asks Monse but it doesn't sound like an actual question. "Stop cutting me off all the time Cesar and I don't know I haven't really noticed. Do you think so?" She asks with raised eyebrows. "Mmm got it. Goodnight." He closes the window before she can push it back open, and he puts down the blinds and blasts his music. "What do you mean you got it? There's nothing to get. I'm not jealous of Olivia. Cesar, come back here." Monse says. "Honey badger!" He says as he walks away. Monse huffs and she goes to knock on the front door. Cesar answers it and says, "Yes?" Monse just looks at him with wide eyes. He expects her to just keep on talking but she doesn't, she just keeps looking at him. Instead of saying a word she grabs his shirt and pulls him in and she kisses him. Without a second passing Cesar kisses her back it's almost like they never stopped kissing. He puts one hand on her lower back and holds her close with the other. Her fingers intertwine with his hair and right now nothing matters except for one very important thing. Not the fact that anyone from the block could see them, and not the fact that the crew could find out. The only thing that did matter was that Cesar was home alone and Oscar wouldn't be back until the next day. They continued to kiss deeply, lovingly and passionately. Cesar lifted Monse inside, kicked the door closed, and sat on the couch, Monse on his lap and there kiss continued their lips didn't separate long enough for Monse to have any other thoughts besides one, she never wanted this to end. Monse smiled against his lips and Cesar forgot all his problems. Monse took off Cesar's shirt and before she could kiss him, he asks her, "Are you sure you want this?" Cesar didn't want to stop what was happening but he needed to make sure that Monse wouldn't be mad at herself. She did say it was never going to happen again. Cesar was worried she was doing this because she thought he was falling for Olivia. "I'm sure." Monse says as she nods her head. They continue to kiss and Cesar carries her into his room. This goes on for another hour and a half. "I told you it was more than two minutes." Cesar says with a smile. They're so close Monse can feel his smile against her lips. "Mhmm." Monse says with a small laugh. "You're so beautiful." Cesar says as he moves a hair out from in front of her face. "I wish we didn't have to leave this room. It'd be great if this was it, just me and you in a house alone." Monse says. "Well you're dad isn't home and Oscar isn't going to be back for a while so why don't you just stay the night?" Cesar asks. Monse can't help but smile. "Yeah." She says. Cesar gets up and puts on his sweatpants and throws Monse one of his sweatshirts. She puts it on and he just stares and smiles. "What?" Monse asks. "Nothing. You just look amazing." He says as he gives Monse a kiss on the cheek. "In an old sweatshirt?" Monse asks. "In anything." Cesar says. They go and sit on the couch and watch some tv. "I wonder how it feels to be famous. Having all those people love you." Cesar says. "Who cares?" Monse says. Cesar gives her a confused look. "They might have fans but there's only one person I want to like me and care about me." Monse says. She kisses Cesar and he says, "You mean Jasmine?" They both pause before erupting in laughter. "Seriously though, I'd pick you over anything." Cesar says. "I just wish we could actually be together." He adds. "We're together right now." Monse says. "You know what I mean like actually together. I want to be able to kiss you without you pushing me away." He says in a meaningful and loving tone. "That's what I meant about tone not being properly conveyed through texts." She says with a laugh. "Seriously Monse." Cesar put one hand on her knee and with the other he interlocks their fingers. "Ok what if we try to keep it on the down low. Emphasis on try." Monse says. Cesar gets a big cheesy smile on his face. "What?" Monse asks. She smiles back at him because who could keep a straight face when he smiles? He kisses her cheeks, lips and forehead at least thirty times. "Finally." Is all he manages to say before they start kissing and laughing again. The next morning they wake up in each others arms on the couch. "Mmm, I wish I could wake up to this view every morning." Cesar says as he opens his eyes and sees Monse.