Chapter 2

"So I did some research and I have a plan to save Cesar." Ruby says,he takes a short pause before saying, "Hold your applause till the end, because unless if this goes perfectly we could risk Cesar getting mad at us and leaving the crew permanently."

*Ruby's room two weeks later*
Everyone's talking at once and Ruby's handing out binders, Cesar thought that this was going to be a normal hangout but of course his friends have to be weird. "YO, one at a time please I'm not following." Cesar says. Ruby raises his hand in excitement. "Sorry we're just really excited I put two weeks worth of valuable research and resources into finding a way ... to get you out of the gang!" Ruby exclaims. Cesar breaks out in laughter but he sees the serious look on his friends' faces and realizes that they weren't joking. "Oh you guys are serious." They all nod, especially Monse. "Guys don't be so stupid there is no out, I'll be fine just stay out of it." Cesar says. "There has to some way out." Monse says. "The only way is to get jumped out and that's definitely not an option." Cesar says with a cold look in his eyes. "Why not?" Jamal asks. "Because they beat you till you die." Cesar says as he looks down. "Oh I see your dilemma." Jamal says. "You guys need to step off, all of you." Cesar says. "Ok well we obviously can't murder someone." Monse says as she flips through the binder. Cesar falls back onto the bed. "Am I just talking to myself right now?" Cesar asks as he faces the ceiling. "We could never make enough money to do anything besides get us robbed." Ruby says. "Rollerworld". Jamal coughs. "Don't start." Monse begs. "If I can find the money maybe we can pay off Oscar or get you out of here." Jamal says. "If it was real we wouldn't be the ones to find it." Monse says. "Look guys I think we're good how about we watch a movie or something?" Cesar says as he look at his three friends. "Wait." Monse says as she pushes him back on the bed. "Manipulation." Monse says. "We can manipulate Oscar by convincing him you were made for more." Ruby says. "That's not gonna happen but good talk." Cesar says as he walks out.

*next day at school*
"We gotta get him out now before he puts in any work." Monse says as her Jamal and Ruby walk to class. Cesar sneaks up behind them and put one arm around Monse and another around Jamal. "I said to drop it you guys seriously." Cesar says. "But what if I just go over and talk to your brother he might listen to me." Monse says. "Monse, do I have to remind you why that isn't a good idea." Cesar yells as he shifts so he's right in front of her. "I'll see you after class." He tells Monse. He has an apologetic look in his eyes, but still a piece of his brother just appeared when he yelled at Monse. Cesar walks away and the crew starts discussing the situation again. "So apparently I can't do it." Monse says. "And Jamal definitely can't do it." Ruby says. "Ok so Ruby will do it." Jamal says. Ruby takes a second, he's basically frozen there. "Sorry it can't be me I'm the brains." Ruby says. "It has to be you." Jamal says. "Why?" Ruby asks like he doesn't already know the answer. "I won't be able to get near Oscar without Cesar stopping me." Monse says. "Yeah what was up with that?" Jamal asks. Monse just shrugs her shoulders. "And it can't be me because I'll just get to anxious and won't stop talking and then someone's going to have to fish my body out of a dumpster." Jamal says. "Picture me talking to Oscar saying a bunch of big words that I don't even understand. He'll just throw me right over the fence." Ruby says. "But you're the only option." Jamal says. "Sorry Ruby." Monse says as she and Jamal walk there separate ways leaving Ruby behind thinking about how screwed he is.

*after class Monse waits for Cesar.*

"Stop acting like this isn't a big deal." Monse says as they walk down the hall. "It's not, I'll stay low key and nothing's gonna happen to me." Cesar says. "Spooky's your brother we both know that's not gonna happen." Monse declares. "You know if Oscar was still in jail the plan would keep going and we could've left after graduation but things change. I can't do anything about it now." Cesar says. "So leave now." Monse says. Cesar has the same look in his eyes, the one that reminded Monse of Spooky. "It's too late Monse. I have no money and no where to go. And honestly Monse do you seriously think I would leave you and the crew?" Cesar backs Monse into a corner she can barely keep eye contact. "I'm sorry I was just trying to help." Monse says. Cesar puts his hand on her shoulder and draws a circle on her with his thumb. "I know and I understand what you're trying to do but there's nothing that can be done... well maybe one thing." Cesar says. "What? Anything, we'll literally do anything." Monse says quickly. "Only you can do this." Cesar says. "Anything." Monse repeats. "If you really wanna help take off some of the pressure... meet me in your room after school... clothing optional." Cesar says with a smirk. "Stop it Cesar!" Monse whisper yells as she pushes him away. "We can't talk about what happened, we agreed that we were done talking about it, we agreed the crew would split up and everything would be ruined. You need to be serious about this." Monse says. "I am serious, and my windows always open." Cesar says with a little laugh. Monse clenches her fists. "It's not happening Cesar ever again." Monse says. He grabs her wrist and turns her to him. "Oh come on, you know that we're gonna end up together so why are you making it so hard for us right now? I can wait forever Monse. Seriously." Cesar says. "Forever is a long time... unlike those two minutes." Monse says as she walks away. "It was at least five." Cesar says as he follows close behind. "Three tops." Monse says. "Why don't you let me prove you wrong then?" Cesar says as he runs in front of her. "Shut up Cesar." Monse walks past him and he just smiles at her.