Valentine's Day one shot

*this is not a continuation of my story but it will be following the same time line. I take no credit for the video I used*

Monse wakes up and it's Thursday morning, Valentine's Day. She gets ready like normal and eats breakfast like normal. The only thing that's different is that Cesar sent her a long text about how much she means to him. "Hey dad." Monse says as she scrolls through Instagram and eats her cereal. "Hey, happy Valentine's Day." He says as he takes a sip of his coffee. "Any special plans?" He asks. "Nope just school and home. I was gonna hang out with the crew but Jamal's following a rollerworld lead and Ruby's trying to woo Olivia. Cesar said he was busy. "I'm sorry kid, how 'bout when I get home we watch a horror movie and I can order in Chinese food?" Her dad suggests. "Sounds fun." Monse says. They did that every year since her mom left, she can barely remember a time they didn't do the same thing for Valentine's Day. This year was supposed to be different her and Cesar were gonna spend the day together after school but he changed his plans last minute. A knock on the door shakes Monse out of her daze. "They're early, I'll see you later." Monse says. She opens the door and Cesar's standing so close he almost gets hit by the door. "You're late." He says. "No I'm not we usually don't leave for another ten minutes." Monse says. "Well today you're late!" He says quickly. "Yeah, and you cancelled our plans." Monse snaps back. "Come on hurry up." He says. Monse can not believe he's being so pushy after what he did. He basically makes her sprint to school and he doesn't let her stop once they arrive. "What are you even doing?" Monse says as she tries to catch her breath. He opens a supply closet door as Monse basically wheezes. "Close your eyes." He says. "What, no. Why?" Monse asks. "Can you please just be spontaneous for two seconds." Cesar says in a pissed off tone. "Oh so grabbing you by your shirt, and kissing you after you basically insulted me wasn't spontaneous enough?" Monse says. "Surprise." He says with an attitude. He open the closet and it's filled with pictures of them, a stuffed animal, and balloons. "When did you do all this? Why did you do all this?" Monse says as she steps in. "Well it was supposed to be in your house after our date but my brother's making me... I don't wanna get into that." Cesar says as he gives her a hug. "Happy Valentine's Day bebé." He says. "Oh my god, is that from fourth grade?" Monse says with excitement. "First day, ms. Sanchez's class." He says. "We were best friends from the minute we met." He adds. "Who even took this picture?!" Monse scans every single picture.

"I have no idea

"I have no idea." He says. She turns around and smiles at Cesar. "I can't believe you did all this." She says. "And I can't believe you looked like such a dork." Cesar says. "Hey you decided you liked that dork you weirdo." She puts her hands on his chest and just smiles. "How the hell am I gonna get this all home?" She's asks with a laugh. "Don't worry I got it... OH WAIT ONE MORE THING!" Cesar says as he jumps up quickly. He passes her a little white box. He looks at her with excitement. Monse opens it slowly. "It's a piece of paper?" She asks. "Read it." He says as he rolls his eyes. "Ok. Monse, the day we first met you stepped on my toy car and broke it, you ran up to your dad and he fixed it but I still thought you were mean. I remember when you handed it back to me and said I won't break anything of yours again and you didn't but you did steal something. You stole my heart and I hope you never give it back." Monse reads. "That was so cheesy." She says. "Look at the bottom of the box." He says with a huge smile. "For our wedding day." She reads. "Those are the words I'm going to say to you when you finally become mrs. Diaz." He says. "You know we're fourteen right?" Monse says. "I know and just imagine how amazing it'll be when we do get married and I read this exact paper." He says. "I guess it'd be cool." Monse says with a smile. "So does that mean you'll marry me one day?" He asks. She's freaked out by all this but Cesar's been getting serious about the future ever since he joined the gang. "I guess you'll just have to wait and see." Monse says. She leans in a kiss him deeply. "You're so amazing." Monse says with a smile.

*that night at Monse's.*

"Oh come on old horror movies are basically comedies!" Monse tells her dad. "Not old, classic." Monse's dad laughs. Someone wrings the doorbell and they both look at each other. "I'll go check who it is." Monse's dad says as he stands up. "Cesar! Come on in." He says as he answers the door. "Monse, I think these belong to you." He says as he hands Monse the balloons, he goes back outside three more times and brings in everything from the storage closet. "I'm not complaining but Monse said you were busy?" Mr. Finnie asks. "I was but who could miss out on a classic Finnie Valentine's Day?" Cesar says. He sits next to Monse and they finish the movie. "I'll be in the other room if you guys need anything." Mr. Finnie announces. "Right over there where I can hear everything." He adds. "Ok dad! I'm so happy you came but what does Oscar think about this?" Monse asks, she's extremely concerned. "Monse everything's fine." He says. He kisses her on the cheek and she rest hers head on his shoulder. She loved her Valentine's Day ritual with her dad but this was definitely going to be her favorite by far.