Chapter 22

Breathing in and breathing out. It was the rule that Alec thought himself when he felt his anxiety attack coming. He couldn't breathe but he tried. Clary voice felt like under water "..because we are the best team", Alec looked up and saw Jace, he was younger, maybe 15 or 16 years old. Then Alec understood that he was hallucinating. It was one of the side effects of his attacks. Jace laughed "come on, someone took your tongue? Let's go, come on", "Jace.." Alec made a weak step but someone caught him, the voice in the background felt like under water, he only saw Jace, happy, alive, "and you call yourself the best shadowhunter? Get up and fight? Do you wanna let me die? You won't do that right?". "ALEC!!!!!" The boy blinked when someone slapped his cheek with a force, Lydia looked him in the eyes "how long was he hallucinating?" She asked Clary, the girl sat on her bed "I guess one hour, he was murmuring something to himself..he said Jace name", "Oh boi" Lydia grabbed him by his hips and helped him to stand up "come on Lightwood, we bring you to your room", they did and Alec rubbed his eyes "What was happening?", Lydia sat beside him and pointed with a light in his eyes "panic attack and then hallucinations, as a doctor I can say that you need sleep, a lot of sleep, and you need to relax", Alec shaked his head "I'm the head of the insitute-", "Me too by the way and I can handle this shit without you for a couple of days", "Clary was pregnant and with Jace dead she lost her child", Lydia clenched her jaw "shit", "It's my fault", "Stop it", "I had to see this demon-", "SHUT UP ALEC" Lydia pushed Alec back to his pillow "one more word and you will be suspended for weeks", Alec closed his eyes, Lydia gave him a letter "this is for you by the way, relax, I don't want to see you Woking for two days? Got it?", Alec nodded and Lydia left. Alec opened the letter and then swallowed hard because his heart was about to jump from his chest. Magnus signed the contract.