Chapter 54

When Magnus came at the institute in the evening, Alec was still not in his office. So Magnus sat on his chair and spin around. He was bored so he looked at the photo of Jace that was standing on his desk, Jace and Alec looked so happy together that Magnus now understood how difficult it was for Alec. A parabatai bond is a serious thing, when the one dies than die the other as well. Not literally but it will always hurt. Lazily Magnus opened the desk and wanted to close it but saw something. A card. It was a invite to a wedding. Magnus looked at it and his heart stopped: Alexander Gideon Lightwood and Lydia Branwell. The date was soon, in couple of weeks. Magnus swallowed, put the card back in and searched for someone who could know, he found Simon who was talking to Maia. "Simon, can I talk to you for a second?", "sure", "is it true that Lydia and Alec will marry soon?", Maia and Simon nodded "of course, they were planing their wedding for almost a year or even longer", Magnus nodded "Thank you", "Why do you ask?", "Just..I don't got a invention", the Magnus left the room to lean back on a wall and catch his breath. Everything was way too easy. He should knew it better. He was almost 400 years old and was naive like teenager, Magnus laughed hysterically and felt his tears. He felt so stupid to think that he and Alec could be..together. A Lightwood will be always his curse. They will always destroy him. First Alec promised that he will love him and then..just like Gabriel who ran away with Cecily. Gabriel said the same to Magnus, that he will love him but then..Magnus was all alone. Magnus legs gave up and he sat down crying. His heart was broken again and again and again. It was a fucking curse. It took him a long time since he stood up and left the institute.