Twenty one | Not everyone is gonna hurt you

Dylan's View

The worst thing about liking someone is that you're unsure of it. I mean, you contemplate, you doubt its true, or at least you just think its an infatuation.

As for me, I don't even know.

I tell you what, I'm loosing my damn mind.

I thought getting close to her will make me feel happy and rewarded. Because me and my boys do this all the time. Dare each other for the stupidest things and punished one if they don't finish the dare. Its ridiculous, but guys have egos and we cannot stand losing even into little things.

I'm highly competitive.

But...

Being close to Charlie as dare is a trap I can't escape. Now I'm attached to her, and this is bad.

Both for me and for her.

I feel weak, and for the past days since she been in our house, since I kissed her, I can't think straight anymore.

Its driving me nuts.

I should've never kissed her. Now I just missed her so damn much and I'm starting to crave for her.

I thougth it would be easy. But she is way different from the other girls. She is unique. 

I thought it would be fun hanging with her . And yes, its fun, but in a scary way.

My anxieties are rising up.

What if it happened again? What if I fall for her and she'll never catch me. What if I'm not enough for her? What if she doesn't or wouldn't like me back.

I'm an asshole. I play with girl's feelings. And she knows that. Yet, she still talked to me, even if she doesn't want to.

This is stupid.

"You alright there buddy?"

Romel ask, handling me a glass of water and a plate of waffles with overflowing whipcream. I softly smile and nod, taking the water from him.

He sits in front of me when I look around to see there aren't many people around today. He took off his apron and cap and gestured coffee to one of his staff. They he gestured on nod, going inside the counter to make Romel his coffee.

"You are pretty gloomy today, what happened?"

I look at him, and he always look back to me using those empathising eyes of him.  Every goddamn time, he looks at me as if he really know what is going through my mind.

"I just can't hind a thing from you, can I?"

He shrug, "Maybe, those past years of friendship is no joke. I've learned a lot from you."

He chuckle, brushing his hair back with his hand. Resting on his chin afterwards while looking at me.

"So, is it the chika?"

I sigh and I nod already defeated by his interrogative self that he's not aware of.

"What happened? Got burned by the fire your playing?"

"You can say that."

"Huh, you didn't deny it this time."

I look at him, straight in the eyes. And a moment of silent went it. As we look at each other, I recall of the same things that happened before.

"You're coffee, sir."

The guy he gestured on came on our table and place the coffee over our table. But still, we're not letting go of each others eyes. The guys seems to notice the atmosphere between us and find his way back to his station.

"Do you find this nostalgic, Dylan? You, in the situation where you can't even tell yourself what to do, you talking about it with me?"

"Don't bring it up again, Romel-"

"But the difference is this time, you admitted that you lose."

"I haven't admitted a thing."

"Yet," he smirk.

I clench my fist and I look away from him. I heard him breathe, and saw him lean on his back looking out to the window watching the cars pass by his shop.

"Let me just tell you what I think. I think you and your friends should stop doing stupid stuff and mature."

"How can you say that?"

"Because I saw that you're smiling whenever you're with her."

He smirk. I frown, getting a little confused. He look at me with terrifyingly sympathizing eyes.

"Say, are you scared?"

I shake my head, but I know deep down that I'm not sure what to answer. He chuckle and hiss after, looking at me with a serious pair of eyes.

"Gosh, you're such a bitch, seriously."

"Romel, please, you know what I've been through."

"Oh, I do. Trust me, I do." He paused, crossing his arms. "But don't you think it's time you have balls and face whatever you are going through and maybe not to escape from it?"

I turn my hand into fist and bow my head. I felt him stand up, but I still don't look him.

"You are just making this hard for you. What happened before isn't gonna happened again. It is different this time."

"You are wrong about that-"

"Not everyone is going to hurt you, Dylan."

He objected, and I look at him this time. He is sincerely serious. I've never seen him this once and its terrifying.

"Have some balls, and figure it out. Or else,  you are just going to hurt her."

He look at me for a long time. As if he's trying to convince me. But I'm too confuse I can't even tell what to do. I'm lost.

He sighs, and stand up to leave our table,  taking his apron and cap with him.

"Well, I gotta work, enjoy the food. See ya."

He wave at me and I nod a reply. He started walking away and I follow him with a look. He look back and give me a look, I waited for him to say something but he chuckle and completely walk away. I frown in confusion and I shake my head to clear my thoughts off.

》《

WAZZUUP?

I truly sorry for disappearing for  a while, there's just lots of sh*t happening. But anyways, love you all for the support, I appreciate it a lot. I try to produce more chapter guys, I promise😊