Twenty Six | Eavesdropping

Jon's View

I was just looking for another book to read when I saw my brother, on the other side of the humongous shelf, struggling to talk to the girl that he likes. Like it hurts my eyes when I see him having cold feet and walking out of the game. Like, I'm seriously starting to be hurt for him.

I mean, its pretty obvious he like the girl. He never stutters, he's quiet, he always has answers for everything, he's serious as hell, basically the total opposite of my personality. But all of his Mr. Serious attitude vanishes when he met this girl.

"What you doing?"

I flitched when Charlie suddenly comes out of nowhere, startling me from behind.

"Damn it, Charlie, what the hell?"

"Hmmpf..." she shakes her head and roll her eyes.

She leans in to the shelf, moving books away to see the other side better while she narrows her eyes. I heard her chuckle before she looks back at me.

"Wow, his a loser."

I smirk, sarcasticly laughing out of disappointment. Leaning over the shelf again, watching the unflamed  romance before me.

"I know right, he's totally wacking himself right now."

"Why don't you help him?"

"Are you serious? No way."

I shake my head as I avoid the topic, making my way back to our table.

Its not a good idea.

"Why not?"

"Why not not? C'mon,  its Shane we're talking about. He can do it by himself."

No he can't. You know he can't.

She rise and eyebrow, trying to convince me.

"Oh yeah? Well, he seems to be struggling in there."

She says teasing and I roll my eyes throwing a piece of paper on her.

Its not that simple.

"Even if I try to, its not gonna end up good."

"What do you mean by that?"

Its never good.

I sigh, starting to be frustrated. I look at Charlie straight into her eyes, and her teasing facial expression turns into a frown when I didn't answer.

"Whoa, is something wrong?"

I sigh once more. A huge one this time.

"He never liked being helped, Charlie. He made descisions by himself. That's the only way to put it."

"I know I'm nosy, but did something happened? It seems like its kind of a big deal."

As soon as she mentions, I suddenly started having flashbacks.  Flashbacks of what kept me and my twin brother apart. I don't know, it seems that we're close by the way we act towards one another. But there will always be that void of unpleasant memories that is keeping me distant with my brother.

Its been hard to pretend.

"Nothing, his just a perfectionist. And its sort of annoying and I don't really like minding others bussiness."

"That's it?"

She ask narrowing her eyes on me, and I smirk as I nod.

"Yeah, and hey, you're getting out of focus! How am I suppose to pass if you keep on asking stupid shit? C'mon let's get started!"

I object waving a book in front of her, attempting to change the topic. She sighs, realizing the real deal.

"Ugh, you're right."  She agrees, grabbing a book from the enf of the table. "Let us see, onto biology...."

xxx

I seriously am jammed! Charlie, just left because Dylan calls him, now I'm alone with tons of book that even if I read I would never understand. I've never gonna be accepted to college.

"I'm never gonna pass."

I sigh losing hope, letting my head hit the table as I look down. While having my face facing the table I heard some girls talking from the other shelf. Its obvious I can hear them because I'm not that far, also they are talking pretty loud.

Clearly, I wasn't paying attention to the noise they are making, I don't have something to focus about, or I can't focus really. It only catches my interest when one girl mentioned my twin brother's name.

"But, what about that guy you like? Shane is it? Are you gonna tell him?"

The girl ask in a worried manner and I got curious. I walk towards the shelf, not letting them notice me spying on them. I look over the whole between books and there I see the girl that my brother likes.

I ignored my thoughts, silently listening to the conversation. 

"What? Are you kidding me? No way! I mean, I want to tell him, but I don't think he will care."

"Why not?"

"Well, I just feel like his not that type that would care about those things. Besides, I don't think he likes me back."

The girl is blushing but you can also see the worry on his face. The other girl pats his shoulder, rubbing it even to empathize.

"So, that's it? You're going to Japan without telling him?"

"I don't know."

She answered disappointed and the other girl empathize with her more after that. That's it. I didn't listen to them anymore. I just sit back down to  my chair and suddenly got worried about my brother.

She's going to be leaving without him even knowing. I know that Shane likes her, and that I would feel bad if he also will not tell the girl that he likes her. That would be terrible.

I've never seen Shane become interested to girl since Lu-

I closed my eyes, stopping my own thoughts.

I know Shane will kill me if I get into his business, but in this case, I don't care anymore.

"I can't believe I'm thinking what I'm thinking." I murmured.

Time to set things right.

》《

sorry for disappearing guys, there have been a lot of stuff lately, but thanks if you are reading this! <3