chapter four. kid killer

***

***

"don't test me, rat"

***

Andi loved Poison Lab. Correction. She loved Denke. Not in a weird, romantic way, but in a he's-my-favorite-teacher-I-hang-on-his-every-word sort of way. Denke had a way of engaging the class in a way none of the other teachers could, aside from DeLuca, possibly. Even then, Denke was more approachable than DeLuca which Andi supposed was an odd thing to think of in a school where everyone was capable of killing you.

There was only one thing Andi did not like about Poison Lab: it was one of the only classes she did not have with Simon, her go-to partner.

Although, she supposed there were now two things she did not like about Poison Lab. The second being that Marcus now occupied the previously empty seat in front of her. Was this kid going to be in every single one of her classes? Did Master Lin do this on purpose? Andi was just glad that she had Maria in this class as her partner and was not forced to be partners with Marcus too.

"In this case, the victim dies in a spectacularly nasty fashion, as blood seeps from every orifice," Denke taught from the front of the room. "Prepare your poison, students. We will be killing these animals in two minutes."

Just as Andi was turning toward Maria to begin their assignment, Billy turned around catching the blonde girl's attention. She and Billy did not speak often, his status as a Rat keeping them from ever being as close as her and Maria or her and Simon. Andi did not have an issue with him though. From what she knew he was a pretty nice guy, maybe even too nice for this school.

"Hey, hello? Andi, be rad. Get Viktor's attention for me," he asked with a large grin.

Andi shared a look with Maria. The Latina shrugged and gave her a small smile, encouraging Andi to help Billy. The blonde girl wanted more information though. "Why? Why can't you get him to do it?" She retorted, gesturing to Marcus.

"Because Viktor likes you. It would work better, trust me," Billy pressed.

Andi did not trust him though. She did not trust anyone. However, as the blonde looked at Billy's broken arm from hand-to-hand combat, she realized she did not have to trust him to make Viktor's life a little difficult for the next hour. The Soviet did not know how to take no for an answer, something Andi had told him multiple times only for him to ignore. She also knew that Simon would probably love whatever was about to happen. So, she agreed.

"Fine," Andi huffed, trying not to smile at Billy's smile, which had somehow gotten bigger.

"What are you gonna do?" Maria asked.

Andi turned to the Mexican beauty, "You'll see. Subtlety is key."

The blonde knocked her pen off her desk, just far enough that it fell at Viktor's feet. "Viktor," she whispered to the Russian boy, trying to get him to turn towards her. He did and she continued, plastering a fake, sweet smile on her face. "I'm so clumsy sometimes. I dropped my pen and it landed by your seat. Can you grab it for me?"