chapter seven. promises

***

***

"do you want it to be?"

***

"Andi, please come up and tell the class about your assignment," Master Lin spoke from the front of the room. Andi lifted her head off her hand as it registered he was speaking to her. Suddenly, her stomach churned at the idea of reliving the previous night. Killing the creep had been no problem, it was the circumstances of how it all happened that made the blonde uneasy.

She got to her feet slowly, pulling at the hem of her uniform skirt nervously. She was never nervous. As she realized what she was doing, she quickly stopped and hoped no one had caught her moment of weakness.

"Master Lin," she said, grabbing the older man's attention. "Simon and I completed our assignments together; may he come up to assist me in explaining what happened?" Master Lin nodded his head in agreement and Andi turned to Simon. The brunet boy was already rising out of his seat to join her in front of the class.

"Well," Simon started. "After some digging, I was able to find this guy who was distributing child pornography out of his black market pawnshop. I told Andi about it, and we came up with the idea to use her as a sort of a honey trap. She would pretend to be a... client. We were able to get information from the distributor about who was producing the material. After that, I strangled him with a power cord, figuring it was a cleaner kill method. Easy to hide evidence. I took pictures for evidence and we moved his body to the trunk of my car until we took care of the other guy."

Andi had been paying attention to Simon's account of the night, but she had taken to staring at her shoes until it was her turn to speak. She did not want to think about it.

The blonde realized that despite her efforts, she had zoned out, only coming to when Simon nudged her.

"I took a pair of brass knuckles from the pawnshop before we left and stashed them in my bra," she started, trying to act nonchalant. "Figured it wouldn't be easily seen. We arrived at the address we got from the distributor and... well, I guess our plan worked because he let us in after getting a good look at me. He made Simon wait outside, which was fine with me. We went in the back room. There was a mattress set up, a video camera, all kinds of creepy. He—," Master Lin cut her off.

"I understand there's a video," the older man stated. It was not a question. He already knew. Simon had turned in the evidence, including the video that had been rolling during the assault. Andi slowly turned to Simon, keeping eye contact with him as she answered Master Lin. "Yes," she answered simply with a nod. The older man gestured to the television on the mobile stand behind them.

Simon grabbed the remote and nodded at Andi to continue. "Anyway, so we went in the back room and he told me to take off my clothes. When I ignored him, he approached me and, well, you'll see what happened... I guess," the blonde trailed off as Simon started the video.