Part 2

It has been a moon since Ripplepaw and Ivypaw became apprentices. Just pointing that out. I know that it's raining and now it's Leaf-fall, but it still rains. I have a lot of experience of that, aqg. Anyways, back to the story!

The rain's loud drops of water kept Ivypaw awake through the whole night. When is this rain going to go away? Ivypaw's thought was cut short when she heard an awfully loud noise. She was guessing that Ripplepaw heard it because the smoky grey apprentice shot her head up and worry glimmered in her amber eyes. Ivypaw gave her littermate a 'let's go check' look. Ripplepaw nodded her head and quietly leaving the apprentice's den. Ivypaw did the same thing as her littermate then slithered beside the smoky grey she-cat.

"We are going to have to use the dirtplace tunnel. Heavystep is guarding the entrance." Ripplepaw whispered. Ivypaw led the way to the dirtplace tunnel. There was a small opening where Ivypaw and Ripplepaw exited the dirtplace. The loud noises got louder as the two apprentices were walking side by side. After a long time of walking, the apprentice's pelts bristled with fear. "That's a huge monster!" Ripplepaw gasped at the sight in front of them.

Lights gleamed on the monster as it came to life, causing the two apprentices to freeze in fear. It moved towards them, making Ivypaw panic, "Hurry Ivypaw!" Ripplepaw cried. The smoky grey cat had already fled, leaving Ivypaw standing there in fear. "Ivypaw! Come on, please!" Ripplepaw yowled. The monster had a huge thing in front of itself, making dirt fling towards Ivypaw, causing her white spots to turn brown. Some pieces of dirt got into Ivypaw's eyes, causing her sense of sight to disappear.

She lifted her nose to scent Ripplepaw and began running towards the grey apprentice. Something held Ivypaw's tail, making her screech in pain. Ripplepaw raced towards her and took Ivypaw by her scruff. Ripplepaw dragged her littermate through the dirt, "Ivypaw, we have to go, now!" Ripplepaw nudged her roughly. "I can't see anything!" Ivypaw heard the loud noises from the monster as it advanced to the RiverClan apprentices. "Oh, great StarClan." Ripplepaw grabbed Ivypaw's scruff once more and dragged her in the dirt, trying to escape the monster.

"Don't go too fast, Ripplepaw!" She whimpered in pain as rocks jabbed her pelt. "I can't go slow! We are so close to our deaths, Ivypaw!" Ripplepaw bit down harder on Ivypaw's scruff as she gained speed. Ivypaw smelled the reek of blood that came from her pelt, "Ripplepaw, let me down! I think I can see again." Ripplepaw loosened the grip from her scruff and released Ivypaw. Ivypaw shook her pelt before sprinting, Ripplepaw behind her. The monster's loud growls came closer as the apprentices began to pant. Ripplepaw began to slow down, almost stopping, "We can't stop now! We are almost home, Ripplepaw!" Ivypaw halted, waiting for her sister.

"You keep going! Make the best warrior you can." Ripplepaw cried. Ivypaw blood froze. I can't let my sister die! Bunching all her muscles, Ivypaw charged for her sister and took Ripplepaw by the scruff. She ran as fast as she could, Ripplepaw's weight slowing her down a little. After a long period of time, Ivypaw managed to drag Ripplepaw back to RiverClan territory. She settled Ripplepaw down and began licking her panicked littermate, "I don't think I'll ever be that scared again."

"Thank StarClan Hawkfrost or Mosspelt didn't notice our disappearance." Ivypaw breathed in relief. "What do you mean by that?" A new voice startled the two apprentices. Hawkfrost's icy blue eyes shone brightly with fury. "Oh hey Hawkfrost! Nothing wrong going here..." Ivypaw smiled awkwardly. "Nothing wrong? You two are bleeding! You don't know how worried your father and mother are!" Hawkfrost snarled. Ivypaw flinched at her mentor's harsh tone of voice, "Mothwing and Mudfur won't be happy when I return two injured apprentices." Hawkfrost spat.

"Great StarClan, what happened?" Mosspelt's voice entered the conversation. "At night, Ivypaw and I heard noises, so we decided to check it out. Little did we know that was a monster. It was alive and tearing down trees and other things. During the process, Ivypaw got scared, so I had to help her." Ripplepaw shivered at the memory. "You two are apprentices, not warriors! You should have been smarter and know that as apprentices, you can't go anywhere without your mentor knowing." Hawkfrost hissed. Mosspelt glared at the dark tabby with narrowed eyes, "What Hawkfrost is saying is very true. You two shall serve punishment for leaving without our permission." Hawkfrost lashed his tail, "I say they won't get to go to the Gathering tomorrow." Mosspelt stared at Hawkfrost with wide eyes, "No, that is too much. How about the elder's ticks for a quarter moon?" Hawkfrost muttered something under his breath before sighing, "Fine. Now, we have to take them to Mudfur and Mothwing or their wounds will get infected.

Hawkfrost and Mosspelt said no more as they walked back to camp. Ivypaw and Ripplepaw kept giving each other looks of 'sorry', but they both knew that sorry wouldn't cut it. Once they came back to camp, Blackclaw and Mistyfoot ran towards the two she-cats, "What in the name of StarClan happened to you?" Mistyfoot demanded. "Twoleg's monsters is what happened." Ivypaw flattened her ears. "What were you even doing out of camp without your mentors?" Blackclaw's pelt started to bristle. Neither of the apprentices said anything, making Blackclaw snort in disappointment.

"Go see Mothwing and Mudfur." Mistyfoot stalked off, obviously mad at her kits. The two apprentices went to the Medicine cat den, where Mudfur and Mothwing were quietly talking. Mothwing must have heard their footsteps since she snapped her head towards the two apprentices. "What happened and where have you two been?" the golden tabby questioned with a gentle tone. "It doesn't matter where they were right now. The only thing that matters is their wounds. You know what to get." Mudfur beckoned the young apprentices with his tail. After the two medicine cats had covered their wounds with so many herbs and other stuff, the two she-cats were basking in the sunlight. 

This is the first time out of hundred that Hawkfrost will lecture me. Ivypaw glanced at the sky, avoiding eye contact with her mentor. I bet his opinion on me is a stupid fish-brained idiot. But I don't mind, or do I? The apprentice quivered at her thought. "Ivypaw, we have more hunting practice." Hawkfrost's low meow snapped Ivypaw out of her thoughts. She avoided her mentor's gaze while they walked to the stream where they would usually hunt or practice. "Change of plans. We'll go to Beech copse." Hawkfrost changed directions and headed to the Gorge, where apprentices like her were not allowed to go. The two cats skirted past the Gorge and headed to Beech copse.

"Since you have small wounds, we'll do another basic move," Hawkfrost announced as they arrived at Beech copse, "We'll do land moves just in case. How about the scruff shake?" Hawkfrost suggested. Ivypaw's tail twitched to and fro, "If you want. Your the one who is teaching me, so you can if you want." Hawkfrost shook his pelt, "First, you hold a strong grip on your opponent's scruff; then shake with all your force. This would rattle them, making it sort of impossible to fight back. If you keep shaking and then throwing them with force in whatever direction, it would either stun or kill your opponent. We'll be using this pinecone for example." The tom grabbed the pinecone that was exposed in front of him. Ivypaw slowly walked to it. She placed her teeth firmly on the pinecone then shook it with all her force. She then threw the pinecone to her right, where it cracked in half.

"I thought it wasn't going to work. I was wrong." Hawkfrost muttered. "Once you do that move with your opponent, what would happen if another enemy approaches you?" Ivypaw asked. "That's when the play dead move is useful. If your enemy manages to pin you down, just go limp and stop struggling. That could make them relax, but the next step is rather difficult. In this situation, you are a lot smaller than me. What you would do is push yourself up with strength and you'll be out. Try it on me." Hawkfrost got into a battle position, "Pretend you just got done using the scruff shake move." He added. Ivypaw did as she was asked, then felt Hawkfrost's heavy weight on top of her. She 'went limp and stopped struggling', causing Hawkfrost to relax his grip on her. After some time, it was obvious Hawkfrost was getting impatient, then without warning, Ivypaw pushed herself up, getting the tom off her.

She sprang back on her paws and approached the tom, who was still shocked at the attack. Ivypaw used the complicated move Hawkfrost taught her a couple weeks ago. She ran towards the nearest tree, climbed it and bounced off, pinning her mentor. "I see that you mastered that move. It's often rare for apprentices to master that." Ivypaw got off Hawkfrost, who gave his pelt a quick shake. Ivypaw smiled at his compliment, "That's a perfect combo on moves. Especially that play dead one." Hawkfrost licked his paw and ran it over his ear. "Can we go back to camp? Dusk will be arriving soon." Ivypaw glanced at the darkening sky.

"Alright. We'll be training here again tomorrow." Hawkfrost meowed. Ivypaw fell in beside her mentor as they walked back to camp. Reedpaw, now Reedwhisker and he was guarding the camp, dipped his head at the two cats. "You can go eat. I think the elders and Dawnflower ate not too long ago." Hawkfrost recommended. Ivypaw picked a guppy for her meal and entered the apprentice's den. She ate silently, knowing Ripplepaw wasn't there with her.

After some time, Ivypaw curled up in her nest. Ripplepaw had gotten back, ate, then immediately went to sleep. The memory of the monster Ripplepaw and she encountered earlier still clung on to her head. I hope I can sleep peacefully tonight. Ivypaw yawned before drifting into her sleep.