Part 11

Birds freely flew up above, feeling the fresh air of New-Leaf while Ivypool walked beside Stormfur, who invited her to a walk.

"So what did you need to talk about?" Ivypool turned to the dark grey tom, whose amber eyes gleamed with excitement.

"Ivypool, y-you've caught my attention since you became a warrior. An attention I've never felt towards any she-cat. Now I understand what it means. Ivypool, would you like to be my mate?"

"Umm, I'm sorry Stormfur, but I'm interested in someone else. I'm sorry if I hurt you." Ivypool looked at the dark grey tom. His amber eyes were filled with sadness, fury, and possible jealousy.

"I knew you were going to say that! Why in the name of StarClan did I believe you would say yes?!"

"Of course you can believe! I might have said yes, you wouldn't know."

"If Hawkfrost weren't here then you would have been mine since forever." Stormfur growled, pelt bristling in rage.

"It's not Hawkfrost's fault! Get him out off this!" Ivypool defended her dark brown tabby mate.

"Well whose fault is it then if it it isn't Hawkfrost's?!"

"Mine. I chose him over you because he helped me while you were out who knows where!"

"And what did he help you with? Become part of Tigerstar's future plans?!"

"Don't you dare speak of him like that! If it weren't for me then he would have been following his footsteps!"

"I'm not talking about Tigerstar. I need to know how he helped you!"

"He was there with me when Ripplepaw died. You wouldn't understand if you were there because you have a heart like ice!"

"Tell me how I have an icy heart!"

"I know you're threatening to kill Hawkfrost. My ears are sharper than they seem." Ivypool hissed.

"Yeah right! Sliced ears means you're deaf!" Stormfur lashes his tail.

"You can't harm me for choosing Hawkfrost over you."

"I can do what I please, not as you say." Stormfur unsheathes his claws and placed them under Ivypool's chin.

"Kill me then. I wanna die and know Hawkfrost won't be alone." Ivypool stared hard at the dark grey tom.

"If you say so." Stormfur switched his unsheathed claws to stick them in her pelt.

"Killing me won't help. You know that." Ivypool hissed.

"If it's to make Hawkfrost sad, then it will." Stormfur dig deeper, making Ivypool wince in pain and pulling back.

"You are a coward who doesn't deserve anything in life!" Ivypool spat before stomping back to camp.

"Is something wrong, my beautiful petal?" Hawkfrost beckoned her, gentle and warmth filling his soft meow.

"It's Stormfur. I could hear in his voice that he was threatening you." Ivypool and Hawkfrost walked beside each other into the warrior's den.

"And why was he threatening me?"

"Umm, it is because I chose you over him. He was very furious about it." Ivypool watched Hawkfrost exam the wound that Stormfur had given her.

"How dare that fish-brained tom mess with you and me?! I'll give him a lesson he won't be forgetting anytime soon." Hawkfrost unsheathed his claws, growling.

"Please don't fight. I don't want blood to be spilled over me. That is just too much." Ivypool licked Hawkfrost's cheek.

"But how am I supposed to let him get away with it?"

"Fighting isn't always the answer. You don't always have to be strong, Hawkfrost."

"But what if it is for the greater good?"

"Then deal with it. Haven't we all done that?"

Hawkfrost's twitched his tail, then sighed which meant he had given up, "If it makes you happy, my precious petal. But that won't change my mind about that idiotic tom."

"Thanks." Ivypool twined her tail with his.

"Thank you." He whispered.

"What do you mean by that?" Ivypool looked at him.

"Thank you for saving me from the dark." Hawkfrost looked back at her, his icy glare clouded in thankfulness.

"It was my pleasure." Ivypool gently relaxed beside her mate, making herself and him comfortable with each other's company.

"I wonder when we'll have our own kits? You seem to have the right patience." Hawkfrost suddenly brought up.

"I don't think I want to think about that yet. It's too early to hop into that conclusion. I still have many things to learn in life." The silver and white tabby she-cat seemed shocked at his sudden question.

"Besides, having kits means staying in the nursery all day and I can't do that. I want to be out patrolling and hunting, not being stuck in camp for six moons, and not to mention the many moons it takes to give birth." Ivypool shook her head.

"But, I could stay in the nursery while you go out and do the patrols." Hawkfrost suggested.

"But you're a tom! Toms don't live in the nursery!" Ivypool stares at him in extreme shock.

"Why not? Kits only have to nurse for so long. Once that is over, I can move in. Actually, I can move in before that if you'd like."

"I- Umm, uhh..." The she-cat couldn't find the right words.

"I know it's shocking, but it'll teach me a lesson of patience. Note that I'm not the greatest with that."

"I'll think about it. Maybe after this stupid rain time. I don't want our kits to catch colds while playing outside." Hawkfrost gently licked her head.

"Remember, I'll do what you like. If you want to be out in patrols, I'll stay in the nursery with our kits."

"Come and think about it, that might actually be a good idea!" Ivypool rubbed her cheek on Hawkfrost's broad shoulder.

"I know. Just think about it. Happy mate and kits, happy life."

Ivypool stares at him, their gazes locking, "I'll see."

Wooo! Another part done! Also, don't expect one tomorrow. It's my bday and I'll be busy.

I luv that pic for some reason ;p

I luv that pic for some reason ;p. Anyways, I hope you fellow Birbs have an awesome night and dreams!

Signing off, WinterBirb