Part 5

The Dark Forest's chilly and spooky wind howled through the crooked trees, disgusting bodies of water, and the grass that made Hawkfrost shiver in fear. All he had on his mind was what Ivypaw had told him; Why would you train there if you know that is were evil cats go when they die? He had told the small and wiry she-cat the true reason, but he felt like he was lying to her. Hawkfrost didn't know why, but he felt safe and warmth when he was around the silver and white tabby apprentice.

"Hawkfrost! Hurry and come!" Tigerstar snarled. Hawkfrost sighed and dragged himself to his father.

"What is it, Tigerstar?"

"Have you heard on Brambleclaw yet?"

"I don't think I ha-"

Tigerstar sliced his claws on Hawkfrost's face, "What do you mean you don't think? You're the one alive, aren't you?"

"And you're dead. Can't you just teleport to him? Or are you that useless and make others do your work? No wonder you are so plump! You let everyone do your stupid business while you sat and got plump with those mice and toads before you died!" Hawkfrost spat.

"You don't get to insult me! That is my job!"

"Well, I don't care! Maybe I shouldn't waste my nights here! All you ever do is snap or wound me! How come you never did that to Brambleclaw?" Before Tigerstar could respond, Hawkfrost turned around and bounded away.

"I'm so done with this Dark Forest thing! All it ever does is hurt me! Goodbye Tigerstar. I'm hoping I'll never see you again." Hawkfrost sprinted, making sure the darker tabby won't catch up with him. He kept lashing his tail as the wind slapped his face and body.

"Hawkfrost? Hawkfrost!" Ivypaw's snarl woke him up. He snapped his head towards the wiry she-cat.

"You overslept! Now hurry! Leopardstar has an announcement to make!" Ivypaw waited for him impatiently outside the den. Hawkfrost groaned and padded out. Leopardstar stood in Wet Rock, awaiting for every cat to stop talking.

"So, why did she call us together?" Hawkfrost asked Ivypaw quietly.

"Just hear what she has to say."

"But I want to know from you."

"Just let her speak for StarClan sake!"

"Cats of RiverClan, I have called you all together to announce that Mistyfoot has disappeared."

"W-what?" Ivypaw tensed up beside Hawkfrost.

"As she is gone, I will have to appoint a new deputy. Hawkfrost. You will serve RiverClan until Mistyfoot comes back, if she ever does."

"Me? Deputy?" Hawkfrost felt excitement surge up him like an apprentice on his first hunt.

"Yes. You have shown courage and bravery through the time you have stayed with us. I welcome you to the ranks of the role."

"I will try my absolute hardest to be the best deputy I can possibly be."

"I know you will. I trust you to look after the clan and your apprentice."

"B-but..." Hawkfrost turned to looks at his wiry apprentice, who had tears coming down her deep aqua eyes.

"I'll take a patrol to look for Mistyfoot." Hawkfrost said, only to cheer up his apprentice.

"Alright. Why don't you take Mosspelt, Ripplepaw, and Ivypaw." Leopardstar meowed.

"But what about Blackclaw?" Ivypaw flattened her ears, obviously scared for their trip.