Part 16

Here is the final part of Thank You! Thank you all who actually spend time here on wattpad to read this! I am happy to announce a possible sequel! All that matters for the sequel are the votes and views. If they do increase, expect a sequel! Well, here you go!

Hawkfrost helped Ivypool groom their little fluff balls. As they had very fluffy pelts, it was much too difficult to groom them their fur.

"Why do we even need our pelts groomed for our apprentice ceremony? It's no use since they'll get messy again afterward." Said Winterkit.

"I know they will be messy when you get back, but you need to prove to your mentor you are no longer kits but apprentices," Hawkfrost told the four kits.

"Even though you will be apprentices, all of you will remain my fluffy little kits." Ivypool purred.

"Our little fluff balls." Hawkfrost corrected his wiry mate, who rolled her eyes playfully.

"I bet my mentor will be Mosspelt or Stormfur. I heard those two are the best warriors at the moment." Fluffykit puffed his fluffy white chest.

"Feathertail is also good." Ravenkit mewed quietly.

"What about Primroseheart or Piketail?" Winterkit tipped her head.

"They are our kin. Mama's their younger littermate, remember that." Duskkit swatted her younger littermate.

"Ekk!" Ravenkit let out a horrified squeal, startling Ivypool and Hawkfrost.

"Ha! Great StarClan I'm dying! Ravenkit, you look like a chicken!" Duskkit exploded, laughing so hard she began to cry.

"That's enough Duskkit. You for sure got that from your father." Ivypool relaxed Ravenkit before shooting Hawkfrost a look.

"Well, sometimes it's difficult not to laugh at stuff. But seriously Duskkit, that was rude." Hawkfrost murmured.

"Sorry, pa." Duskkit shifted her paws but immediately pinned Winterkit down.

"Hey! Get off m-" Winterkit slithered underneath her, but Duskkit was faster.

"Oof!" Duskkit stumbled down as Winterkit shook the darker tabby off her.

"We better be prepared for the battle between those two, pa." Fluffykit hopped beside his father.

"That's enough. Know we have to redo Duskkit and Winterkit's fur. Look how ruffled it is! I hope I don't have to lecture you both when your warriors." Ivypool scolded the two kits.

"It'll be hilarious to see it." Hawkfrost imagined Ivypool lecturing Duskkit and Winterkit as warriors.

Ivypool sighed, obviously displeased with his comment, "Now come along. Those ruffled pelts won't groom themselves."

Hawkfrost saw his mate rushing to get their pelts under control since Leopardstar could call the meeting anytime, and yikes was it too late.

"All cats old enough to swim the rapids come meet around the willow stump for a Clam(sorry I had to XD) meeting!" Leopardstar yowled.

"Well, here goes nothing." Ivypool braced herself and led the four kits to the willow stump, Hawkfrost behind them.

***

Hawkfrost followed Ivypool for the walk she invited him to. How in the name of StarClan could he ever say no to the prettiest she-cat he had ever met around the lake? The breeze rippled along his dark brown tabby pelt while the cool wind made Ivypool look even more beautiful than she already did. Hawkfrost took a seat next to his silver and white, small, and wiry mate. The sunset around them made the scene even more beautiful since he was alone with his mate.

"Did you need to talk about something?" Hawkfrost asked the wiry she-cat.

"It's not necessarily something to talk about, but I wanted to thank you."

"And that is?" Hawkfrost tipped his head.

"Thanks for helping me with those boulders in my life. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me. I could never ever ask for anything else." Ivypool looked at him, her deep aqua eyes gleamed with pride.

"If you helped me, I had to help you. Isn't that what friends do?"

"But we aren't friends. We have a family now. It all feels nice, knowing I have others around me." Ivypool twined her tail with his.

"You think I don't know that, do you? I very well know that. I, too, couldn't ask for more. To be happy with you and our kits, I would never ask for anything else. I'm glad I chose to be with you over the last few moons. You make me feel special. I could never give you anything in return to show you how thankful I am." Hawkfrost shifted closer to his mate, her sweet scent filling his nose.

"The only things I need in return is your company and love. It's all I need. I bet you need it too." Ivypool rubbed her cheek against his chest.

"We both need it. And we couldn't ask for anyone else since they won't give us the love we give each other." Hawkfrost felt so safe against his mate.

"I very well know that. I love you, Hawkfrost. I will never love anyone as I do to you. That is a promise." Ivypool whispered.

"You know that I do too." Everything turned black for Hawkfrost. The faint ghost of Tigerstar was behind Ivypool, his amber eyes blazing with fury.

He suddenly disappeared behold his words to the wiry she-cat he called his, "Thank you."