Part 3

Moonlight poured into the night sky as Ivypaw trotted beside Hawkfrost to Fourtrees. For the whole day, she and Ripplepaw have been talking nonstop about the Gathering and the other clan apprentices. She had guessed that Mosspelt and Hawkfrost were both bothered by their talking, so they went silent. Ivypaw heard the Gorge's loud roaring in the back, causing her pelt to prick in uneasiness. The RiverClan cats had to use the Twoleg Bridge since it had rained so much that the stream had risen. "Great StarClan! This isn't the Fourtress that I know!" Mosspelt's shocking claim made Ivypaw slither next to Ripplepaw's mentor.

There were hardly any trees where Fourtress would usually rest. Cold shivers ran down Ivypaw's spine, "Could that monster that attacked Ivypaw and me be the one who did all that damage?" Ripplepaw observed. "It it very possible, but I reckon that the average monster is not too big to destroy a forest." Hawkfrost sort of agreed, but at the same time disagreed. "But the monster that attacked us was huge! It had this big thing in front of it an-" Ivypaw was interrupted by Mosspelt, "You think that because you've never seen one, dear." she meowed. "Did too! You just won't believe me because I'm a stupid fish-brained apprentice and I have only been one for two moons!" Ivypaw spat. "First of all, no one ever called you stupid or fish-brained. And two, why would it matter if you were an apprentice for two moons?" Hawkfrost growled.

Before Ivypaw could respond, Ripplepaw stopped her, "Don't start a fight, Ivypaw. It's unnecessary." Mosspelt sighed, "Let's just go or we'll get Mistyfoot and Leopardstar mad." Ivypaw said no more, but lashed her silver tabby tail. I'm never allowed to do anything! I always have to get interrupted either by Ripplepaw or Mosspelt. Ugh! It's not fair! Ivypaw unsheathed her claws and dug them on the ground as Leopardstar led her clan to Fourtrees. "You're just like Blackclaw, Ivypaw. He easily losses his temper." Hawkfrost murmured beside her. Ivypaw looked at her mentor, "I-I do? Well, I-I mean..." She lost the correct use of words.

"We've all been there. Trying our hardest to find the correct words. You'll get used to it." Hawkfrost meowed. They made it, and Ivypaw saw WindClan and ThunderClan's leaders, Tallstar and Firestar. Leopardstar took her place on the huge rock (I forgot what it's called, lmao. Back to story). Ivypaw sat next to Ripplepaw, causing the two she-cats to be between Hawkfrost and Mosspelt. ShadowClan struck her nose by that disgusting smell. In the lead was a huge white tom, like HUGE with jet black paws and amber eyes.

Well, here goes my first Gathering. I hope it will be the Gathering to remember when I'm an elder. Ivypaw wrapped her tail neatly on her paws, awaiting the first announcement.

***

Maybe this isn't going to be a Gathering I will remember. Ivypaw had almost fell asleep on her paws to prove how boring this was. If it weren't for Hawkfrost, Ivypaw would have been asleep since Tallstar, the second leader to go, started with his report on WindClan. Ripplepaw noticed her littermate's tiredness, "Don't worry, Ivypaw. You aren't lonely." Ivypaw gave her sister a 'thank you, sis' look. A black tom with a brown underbelly trotted up to her, "You must be Ivypaw, correct?" He asked, "Give me a carp and I'll tell you." Ivypaw growled, "And yes it's Ivypaw. This apprentice here is my loyal littermate, Ripplepaw."

"Well, hello. I'm Spiderpaw of ThunderClan." He meowed. "I could tell by your smell. ThunderClan cats don't have a great smell on their pelts." Ripplepaw muttered. Spiderpaw casted her an unhappy look before leaving the two RiverClan apprentices. "Looks like someone doesn't have the right claws to take my littermate's jokes." Ivypaw called after the ThunderClan apprentice with a sneer. "That's enough you two! Your first Gathering and yet, you find a way to joke!" Mosspelt told them sternly, obviously finding it hard to say it nicely. "If you have something rude to say, go right ahead, Mosspelt. I'm not stopping you." Ripplepaw meowed innocently.

Mosspelt glared at the smoky grey she-cat, "If you don't shut your mouth, you'll become an elder yourself!" Ripplepaw blinked innocently before meowing in the sweetest voice any cat would ever hear, "Oh I wouldn't mind that! They need a new elder, don't they? I'll warmly go join them so I wouldn't have to do anymore fish-brained tasks." The last part, Ripplepaw's voice rose with some anger hinting in. "Maybe I would soon so I wouldn't have to teach an ungrateful apprentice like yourself!" The tortoiseshell she-cat spat. "Look who's talking!" Ripplepaw snarled. "Ripplepaw! That is enough! You'll be on the elder's pelt for the next quarter moon!" Mistyfoot hiss came in the argument.

"Oh, c'mon Mistyfoot! It was getting to the best part!" Hawkfrost said in a sort of dramatic voice. There was a lot of snickering in the back, mostly coming from Ivypaw. Mistyfoot glared at the blue-eyes dark tabby, "Do you want to see the elders too?" Hawkfrost smirked, "Yeah, no thanks. That's my decision, not yours. Now, why don't you let the she-cats solve their problem without you getting in their business?" Mistyfoot's eyes glittered with rage, "You're behaving like an apprentice, Hawkfrost. Not to mention that you have one yourself." Hawkfrost gave Ivypaw's mother a cold look, "We are not discussing my apprentice for your information. Now, just get lost or something."

"I can get lost if I'd like. You aren't my boss!" Mistyfoot snarled. Hawkfrost stood up, bushing up his fur to make himself two times taller than the RiverClan deputy, "Are you sure about that? Shouldn't you tell our younger audience about your past?" Mistyfoot's pelt started to bristle, "At least I'm a full Clan cat unlike you!" Hawkfrost's eyes flashed with offense, "But I'll make a stronger deputy, wouldn't I? I'm not weak and pathetic like you! RiverClan needs a stronger and younger deputy to regain our strength!" While the two RiverClan cats were arguing, the other clans had left. "You two stop fighting this instant! You behaved like kits in front of the other clans! Do you think your stupid bickering will help us?" Leopardstar yowled.

Hawkfrost and Mistyfoot glared at each other, then looked away. Ivypaw padded up to her mentor, "I'm speechless. I never thought someone would have so much courage to speak like that to their deputy." Hawkfrost puffed out his chest, obviously proud of his apprentice's compliment, "Sometimes being rude is the best way to defend yourself, but fighting is still a lot better." Ivypaw tipped her head, "When are you going to show me advanced skills? I really need to know." Hawkfrost's icy blue eyes went wide, "Possibly tomorrow, if Leopardstar allows me. Oh and before I forget, do you have any guess on where the missing cats went?" Ivypaw shook her head, "I don't, but you can possibly ask Leafpaw. When all the leaders agreed to Firestar, she started shifting her paws, hinting that she might know."

"I see you still hold on to your vision skills. Maybe you are right. That she-cat thinks it's fine to trespass our territory just because she is a medicine cat. Perhaps you can teach her a lesson if she ever comes to our territory without Cinderpelt and our permission?" Hawkfrost looked over at Ivypaw. "Sure! Besides, she shouldn't put the blame on me. She brought it among herself." Ivypaw told the dark tabby. Hawkfrost smiled, "Perfect. Step one to become the best warrior RiverClan has ever seen."