Part 14

Hawkfrost trotted beside Mistyfoot, who was secretly mad at him for being her daughter's mate. One reason that is; she didn't trust him because he was Tigerstar's son. She also seemed to have issues with fluffy cats, saying that the fluffier cats were, the eviler they were. That obviously low-key offended Hawkfrost and spoke trash about the RiverClan deputy with Ivypool. Although she was Mistyfoot's daughter, Ivypool still hated the fact that the blue-grey she-cat didn't allow her to pick her own decisions. I wonder how Ivypool is. And Mothwing. Over the last few moons, he and his littermate had gotten close, making the dark tabby happy.

He was the third cat to enter camp and the first who saw Mothwing grooming herself outside of the medicine cat's den.

"Hey Mothwing." Hawkfrost greeted the golden tabby. She didn't say anything, then retreated back to her own nest. Hawkfrost only twitched his ear, then walked into the nursery where Ivypool was curled up into a ball, deep into her slumber.

"Sweet dreams, my beautiful petal." Hawkfrost gently nuzzled her head before going back to his own nest.

***

The morning birds songs were echoing in the restless camp. Hawkfrost stood up and stretched before heading into the nursery to check Ivypool. The small and wiry she-cat was licking chest, back turned to Hawkfrost.

"Rise and shine my beautiful petal. How are you?" Hawkfrost padded up to her.

"Morning sleepy head. It's Sunhigh and I'm tired." Ivypool nuzzled his nose with her own.

"Sunhigh?! Maybe that walk to the Gathering sure did tire me out." The dark tabby shook his pelt once Ivypool focused onto the ground.

"Something special about that dirt, petal?" Hawkfrost tipped his head.

"No. I'm surprised you haven't realized the noise."

"What do you mean by that? Did you sleep right?"

"Meh. I had to take care of these little fluff balls who kept me up all night." The silver and white tabby she-cat turned around, exposing four little fluffy squealing kits.

"Ivypool..." The tom couldn't find the right words. Ivypool's kits were in front of him, his kits.

"Three she-cats and a tom. I'm so happy they all turned out fluffy." Ivypool purred.

"Oh Ivypool! I told you they were coming last night." Hawkfrost rubbed his cheek with Ivypool's.

"Well I didn't expect it. It was very painful, but well worth it. Now we have four little fluff balls to take care of." Ivypool wrapped the little bodies of fluff with her tail.

"When can we name them?" Hawkfrost asked eagerly.

"Whenever their fluffy father wants to. You can name the first one if you want." Ivypool gently nudged a little silver tabby towards him, "That one is a she-cat."

"How about Winterkit(Ik these cats don't know the seasons by winter summer etc, but I thought winterkit was a cute one)?"

"If you'd like. I want this little she-cat to be called Ravenkit." Ivypool moves her tail to the side and exposed a little black she-cat with a bright pink nose, just like Hawkfrost's.

"Perfect. Duskkit for this one." Hawkfrost pointed to the darkest tabby with his tail.

"It's a nice name. It's a she by the way." Ivypool reminded her mate.

"So this little fluff ball that looks like me is a tom?" Ivypool nodded.

"How about Fluffykit?" Both cats said at the same time. They looked at each other, gazes full on love.

"I can't wait to see what life brings with these little fluff balls."