Part 10

Rain poured down, getting Hawkfrost wet, who was collecting some flowers for his deceased mate. Ivypool's death had still struck the dark tabby and yet, he couldn't concentrate on patrols or anything. Lossing Ivypool was like Sasha's rejection moons and moons ago, back in the old forest where he and Mothwing were adopted by RiverClan.

"Oh, why StarClan? Why did you have to take Ivypool from me? What have I done wrong to deserve happiness?" Hawkfrost whispered as he looked at the sky, which was dark and stormy clouds swirled all around, making a very gloomy scene, not helping Hawkfrost much.

"Please tell me StarClan. Just when I needed her the most, you snatched her from me. Why do you have to be so unfair to me? Is it because I'm Tigerstar's son? Or is it because I'm part rogue? Or is it that you didn't want to make me or Ivypool happy?" Hawkfrost snarled at the sky. He packed the daisies and roses together for Ivypool to make a flower like wear. She loved roses and daises. I know they'll make her happy, even if she's dead. He took the flower wear back to camp and into the medicine cat den.

"Stupid heat waves! Stupid, stupid, stupid heat waves!" Mistyfoot wailed beside her deceased daughter.

"You made that?" Mothwing asked as Hawkfrost gently put the flower wear on Ivypool's head, making her more beautiful than she did before passing on to StarClan and the stars. The dark tabby nodded sadly.

"She was too young. Why did StarClan take both of my daughters?" Mistyfoot cried.

"Life isn't fair Mistyfoot. You and I both know that." Mothwing gently placed her tail on the weeping blue-grey she-cat.

"Isn't that what everyone says?! Life isn't fair, I'm sick of it!" Mistyfoot put her head on Mothwing's head as Hawkfrost touched Ivypool's forehead with his pink nose. A petal from one of the roses fell underneath Ivypool's close eye, making it look like she was crying a bloody tear, worsening Hawkfrost's mood.

"My beautiful rose. Why, oh why, did you leave me?" Hawkfrost whispered to the deceased she-cat, his voice cracking.

StarClan thought it was time, Hawkfrost. Don't grieve because she will always be next to you. Ripplepaw's voice in his head scared Hawkfrost, but not too much.

But why?

Everything happens for a reason.

So what is Ivypool's reason?

There was no answer, so Hawkfrost wasn't going to bother with the smoky grey she-cat.

***

Mothwing had urged him to let Ivypool's body rest where it belonged, but Hawkfrost snarled at the golden tabby she-cat saying that when he is ready, he'll take her body in the middle of camp. Mothwing at that point had given up and let him, so now Hawkfrost lay beside his deceased mate's body, which was stone cold. I wonder if Ivypool is in a meadow of roses(reference of the meadow story by fluffy)? Hawkfrost thought as he looked at the ground, too sad to look at Ivypool.

"Hawkfrost?" A voice called the dark brown tabby tom.

"Mothwing? I thought you were... asleep?" Hawkfrost realized the golden tabby medicine cat was deep in her slumber. So who in the name of StarClan called me? The dark tabby looked around, but the only cats there were Mothwing, Ivypool, and himself.

"Are you that blind, dummy?" A joking matter tone of voice beside him gave Hawkfrost goosebumps.

"I-Ivypool?" Hawkfrost turned to look at the she-cat, whose eyes were opened and gleamed with happiness.

"You're acting as you've never seen me. What has happened while I was 'dead'." Ivypool stirred up, her silver and white tabby pelt shone brightly as the moonlight poured on her.

"B-But how? You were just dead!" Hawkfrost shot up, alarming Mothwing.

"Don't believe in miracles do you?" Ivypool's deep aqua eyes looked at him, no emotion shining on them.

"Ivypool? How are you alive?" Mothwing opened her jaw but closed it back up.

"That's something I can't tell anyone. Crookedstar told me not to." Ivypool stretched, obviously full of energy from her long 'slumber'.

"But Ripplepaw said that it was your time!?" Hawkfrost looked at Ivypool with confusion.

"Hmm, that 'pesky' she-cat! Don't worry, I'll deal with her." The silver and white tabby sat down, placing her stripped silver tail neatly on her paws.

"How is this even possible?" Mothwing exclaimed, obviously interested in Ivypool's sudden awakeing.

"As I said, it's something that I can not share." Hawkfrost slithered next to his mate.

"So, are we still a thing?" Hawkfrost asked Ivypool after Mothwing went back to slumber.

"Of course! You know I love you more than anything." Ivypool twined her tail with his, making Hawkfrost gently lick her cheek.

"Thanks for the flower wear." Ivypool settled back down, Hawkfrost copying her.

"I did it because... um.." Hawkfrost couldn't figure out the right words.

"It's okay. We've been there before. Trying our hardest to find the correct words." Ivypool quoted one of his previous words back when she was an apprentice.

"I still remember that from moons ago." Hawkfrost put his tail around Ivypool's small and wiry body.

"I knew you would. Goodnight, dear." Ivypool licked her mate's nose before putting her head on her paws.

"Goodnight, my sweet petal." Hawkfrost nuzzled her cheek before drifting off to sleep.