Part 6

"Try hitting right here. You'll unbalance me and have a better chance to strike."

"Okay then. Tell me if I hurt you by any chance."

"I don't need to tell you. My screech of pain will warn you."

"Alright. You know what I just realized?"

"What is it?"

"Your screech will sound like a hawk tangled in frost. Get it? Hawk frost?"

"Haha! Very funny! You made my day!"

"Don't I always make your day?"

"Sure you can say." Hawkfrost smiled at his apprentice's joke. Over the last moon, he and Ivypaw had gotten closer. Ivypaw even said that she thought of him as a father figure, making Hawkfrost happy, but it felt like something sharp went through his chest. I got friend zoned. Well, isn't that great. He had thought to himself the night after Ivypaw's confession.

"Are you okay? You seemed lost in thought." Ivypaw's voice startled him. Hawkfrost found himself on the ground, with Ivypaw on top of him.

"Err yeah. I was just thinking about something." Ivypaw got off her mentor.

"You know, I had a dream last night." The small wiry she-cat looked at Hawkfrost.

"What was it?"

"I saw you, bathing in blood."

"W-what else?"

"You had other cat's pelts on you. Even I saw my pelt on your neck."

"Uhh..." Hawkfrost trailed off. Is this what my future holds? Didn't Mothwing say I loved this she-cat? Ivypaw was starring at him, then caught off by a grumble.

"Sorry, that was me. I'm hungry." Ivypaw looked sad and tired.

"I understand. We all are. Those stupid Twolegs are making everything impossible for us."

"I can't even remember the last time I got sleep."

"Don't we all?"

"Yes, but don't forget the deep sleepers. And one that I know is in front of me."

"Hmm, very funny."

"Indeed it's funny. Can we go back?"

"But what about training?"

"I'm too tired and hungry."

"Okay then. Let's go." Hawkfrost led the small silver and white tabby she-cat to camp, where Leopardstar was talking to Mothwing.

"I have no idea what we are going to do with that StarClan message." Mothwing murmured.

"Perhaps we could share it with Hawkfrost? He is the deputy after all." Leopardstar suggested.

"I'll go get him." Mothwing padded up to the dark tabby.

"Hey Mothwing. I totally wasn't hearing what you and Leopardstar were talking about."

"Yeah right. Leopardstar had a dream and Crookedstar told her tha-" The golden tabby was interrupted by the yowling of Ivypaw and Ripplepaw.

"Stormfur and Feathertail are back!" Stormfur and Feathertail? Hawkfrost whipped around and saw the two cats. They looked so nicely fed and full rested. (I'm not killing Feathertail off because why not?)

"Where have you two been?" Mosspelt hissed.

"To the sun-drown-place." Stormfur answered.

"We brought Mistyfoot with us too." Feathertail allowed the grey she-cat enter the camp.