05

When I woke up the next morning Kai was no longer in his spot in between Katsuki and I. I immediately sat up thinking he had run away; but when I went downstairs and saw him eating with the others I was filled with relief.

All Might and Mr. Aizawa took turns watching after Kai when we were in class. Today Mr. Aizawa decided to bring Kai in class and have him sit and watch what goes on in our school. Kai sat in front of the room the whole day learning about hero things.

Kai showed the class his quirk; which was shapeshifting. It was interesting to see him transform into other people. He even turned into Katsuki; which made Katsuki pissed off of course.

"C'mon Kai! You may be able to turn into anyone but you can't use their quirks, so you need to learn how to fight!" Katsuki yells at the boy who was throwing weak punches at Katsuki's stomach.

"I'm not a fighter!" Kai pants and plops to the ground.

"That's no excuse! Think about something you really hate, and pretend that thing is me. Now hit me like a man—AH!" Kai swings a strong punch into Katsuki's gut.

"N-Nice one brat. Not bad at all. You're getting the hang of it."

"You boys better be careful." I jokingly say as I place my hands on my hips.

"You're not my mom!" Kai yells and hits Katsuki again in the same place.

"I taught him well." Katsuki grins at me and I roll my eyes. Kai then transforms into All Might and throws another punch, sending Katsuki far back. My eyes widen and I rush over to Katsuki's side. Kai turns back into himself and a wave of guilt washes over him.

"I-I'm sorry! I didn't mean to hurt you!" Kai's eyes fill up with tears.

"Don't worry about it kid. You did good today." Katsuki ruffles his hair. I smile lovingly at the two as they laugh while walking back to the dorms.

Third Person POV

"Kai can you hear me?" Akane speaks into the microphone that was connected to the monitor.

Name: Akane Hase
Age: 32
Quirk: Audible Inundation. Akane has the power to overwhelm someones mind with voices.

"There's no need to ask that question, we know this thing works!" Ken rolls his eyes as he leans back on his chair.

Name: Ken Mura
Age: 30
Quirk: Fear Projection. Ken can project others' fears to reality.

"I hear you." Kai's voice echoed in their ears.

Name: Kai Hara
Age: 12
Quirk: Shapeshifting. He can transform himself into any living being.

"How is it so far?" Ken asks.

"All they really care about us hero stuff." Kai responds while scoffing.

"Well duh! They go to a hero school." Ken spits out. Kai could practically hear his eye roll.

"Try to get some more training time with them. We want to see more of their quirks." Akane says. Kai nods, "I will. I got to go." He then hangs up.

Akane grins and watches the screen, "Good thing we gave him the tiny camera that he can easily attach to his clothes." She leans back and folds her arms.

"Tomura was right about these two kids. They are very powerful." Ken adds.

"Don't forget the other two: Izuku Midoriya and Shoto Todoroki; they are also very strong. We could use them too." Akane stands up and grabs four pictures that were pinned to the bulletin board. She places them on the desk and spreads them out.

"Once we capture them—"

"We'll be the most powerful in the continent." Akane cuts Ken off making him groan. "You're really annoying you know that?"

"Hey you chose to be my partner genius." Akane fights back.

Ken shakes his head, "Whatever."

(Y/N)'s POV

"You alright Kai?" I pop my head into my room to where Kai was resting. He sits up from his mattress, "Huh? What do you mean?" He sweats nervously. I raise an eyebrow, "I thought I heard you talking to someone."

"I-I don't know what you're talking about. It was probably just the wind." He laughs. I blink twice then laugh along, "Yeah! Silly me. Get some rest; we have a big day tomorrow."

"Why's that?" He fully turns his body towards me.

"You're going to see us battle in class tomorrow." I smile at him. His eyes light up, "Oh, I can't wait!"

"Good. Now get some sleep." I say. He nods and wraps himself with his covers. I gently close the door and stand there for a moment.

"Is the kid sleeping?" Katsuki walks up behind me. I turn around and wrap my arms around his torso, "Yeah. He's excited for tomorrow."

"You told him about our class tomorrow?" He asks and I nod.

"You're getting too attached to this kid." Katsuki pulls away from my embrace. I raise an eyebrow, "So what? He's a child!"

"You act like he's your child!" He yells back. I clench my jaw and stare into his crimson eyes. Maybe he's right, I was acting like Kai is my child.

"I'm sorry. He has no family; I just want him to feel like he has a home."

Katsuki stares at my face and sighs, "He has a home now. You shouldn't worry so much."

"You should get ready for bed." I walk past him and head down the hall.

"And where are you going?" He calls from behind. Without turning around I respond, "To go shower, and no you cannot join me."

I hear him groan, then hear his door shut meaning he went into his room. It was quiet as I walk down the hallway. Everyone was fast asleep already.

Once I enter the bathroom I quickly strip and turn on the water. I lightly apply the apple scented shampoo into my hair. The feeling makes me sigh with content. After rinsing my hair I turn off the water and grab my towel. As I step out I bump into someone.

"Maya?!"

Hey y'all! Ok so I need some good Katsuki x Reader books to read. I like it when the books are 40+ chapters 😅 Please recommend! Also if you like bts feel free to recommend some bts fanfics too!

Love you guys! Thank you so much for reading!