22

"Three!" Akane's voice rings through Kai's ears. With a deep breath, Kai makes a run for the wet floor sign. The teachers perk their heads up at the running boy. Kai closes his eyes as he slips and harshly lands on his back. The back of his head slamming on the tiled floor.

"What the—Kai are you okay?!" Mr. Aizawa screams as he drops his tea; the cup shatters. All the other teachers run over to the boy, helping him up.

In the gym, Akane and Ken listen as Kai makes his entrance. The couple nod at each other and separate. They both pull out a small box with a red button on it from their pockets.

"Goodbye UA High." Akane whispers before she and Ken press the button.

(Y/N)'s POV

Katsuki and I watch as the two photographers run in opposite directions. No one else seemed to notice. Just as I was about to speak, a giant explosion erupts in the gym.

It felt like slow motion. I could hear the screams of my friends and the sound of Katsuki calling my name.

Time seemed to go back to normal once I open my eyes. They immediately widen at the new sight of the gym.

"W-What happened?" My voice was croaky. My ears were still ringing. I look around me and try to find Katsuki and Kai.

"What the fuck?!" I notice Katsuki coughing. His clothes ripped up. I continue to look around, "Is everyone okay?!" I scream out. Katsuki notices me and runs over to me. He immediately pulls me into a tight hug.

"Thank god you're okay! Where's Kai?!" His breathing gets heavier once he can't spot Kai. My heart drops as I look for him as well.

He was no where to be seen.

"(Y/N)! Kacchan!"

I look up at Izuku and Todoroki, who were running towards us. Katsuki helps me up and I wipe off the debris off of my ripped dress.

"Todoroki and I counted the students. Everyone is alright! Just a few cuts and bruises." He says breathless. I sigh with relief, but quickly remember something.

"What about the teachers?!"

"The explosion only effected the gymnasium. I'm sure everyone down there is fine." He says with determination.

"Where's Kai?" Todoroki asks. Katsuki and I look at each other with despair, "I-I don't know. Before the explosion happened he went outside to get some air. I just hope he's somewhere safe—"

"Attention UA students!" A familiar voice echoes through my ears. We all look up at the sky and see what looks like a space shuttle. Inside were the two photographers.

"What the hell?!" I say as I quickly piece everything together.

"Before you fight, we ask for one thing!" The girl smirks with her arms held out in a welcoming way.

"Hold on..." Katsuki's eyes widen. I follow his gaze and my heart drops.

"Is that...Kai?!" I take a step forward and gasp. There was Kai on the ship with the two photographers.

"You shit heads! Give him back!" Katsuki screams up at them. I grit my teeth while looking at the boy. He was full on crying.

"Hand over the four of them and no one gets hurt!" The lady points at the four of us. Katsuki pulls me behind him.

"Who are you clowns?!" Katsuki's palm start to smoke.

"Why do you want them?!" I hear Ochaco scream out. I look towards her and see everyone gathered, ready to use their quirks.