06

"Maya?!" I blush and look down to make sure I was covered by my towel. Maya holds the baby blue towel around her shyly, "I've been wanting to speak with you."

I hold onto my white towel, "Um sure?"

She closes her eyes and takes a deep breath, "I don't know where to start, but you know I've always hated you right?"

I raise an eyebrow, clueless to where this conversation was heading, "Yeah?"

Her voice starts to shake, "I've just been thinking a lot—more specifically us, and how we've been through so much together."

I cross my arms waiting for her to continue.

"When you and Bakugou were kidnapped by Kora...All Might and the others went to go save you."

"Yeah I remember." I furrow my eyebrows and bite my lip.

She continues, "It was my choice to tag along with them."

A little gasp escapes my throat. What? My mind wanders back to that day.

"You two make me sick." Kora grabbed her whip and was aiming at us. I held onto Katsuki as he stood there helpless. Just before the whip could hit us. The door broke down and blue flames covered Kora.

Katsuki and I cover our faces and glanced at the doorway. My eyes widen at the person who had just saved us.

"Maya?!"

"And Deku." Katsuki adds.

"Where are you going with this?" I lean against the tiled wall.

Maya's eyes start to water, "I-I'm sorry okay! I'm sorry for being such a bitch to you all these years! I've come to realize how much you went through. Even though I treated you like trash all these years, you still decided to save me when I was kidnapped by The League of Villains! When you saved me I knew I had to return the favor; so that's why I tagged along that day."

My mouth was wide open from her confession. I didn't know what to say. My enemy from all these years is sorry for me and is apologizing? How do you respond to that?

"Maya—"

"A real hero shouldn't act so foully towards one their jealous of." A tear slips from her eye. After a few seconds of silence I spoke up.

"So all these years, you were...jealous?"

Maya slowly nods, "You have such amazing power; I've realized that during the Sports Festival. My quirk doesn't even compare to yours."

"You shouldn't compare yourself to me, or to anyone for that matter! Maya you have a powerful quirk as well. You shouldn't look down on yourself." I place my hand on her shoulder.

She sniffs and looks up at me, "I want to put the past behind us, and start over."

I frown, "Maya, no matter what we can't pretend that we never hated each other. I agree with putting the past behind us, but that doesn't mean I'm going to be your new best friend."

"I understand. I wasn't planning to be your best friend either." She says.

"Now we can act like adults." I smile and hold out my hand for her to shake. She smiles back and shakes my hand.

"Thank you (Y/N)." She wipes her watery eyes.

"No Maya, thank you." I nod at her. "I'll see you later."

"Yeah. See ya." She says and I walk out.

-

I silently lay in my bed replaying the scene with Maya in my head. Never have I thought that she would be jealous of me. What if she's planning a trick or something?