I've Just Seen a Face- 6

Not... a Singer In a Band

As the weeks went by my courage came back and I pulled myself together somewhat. With the divorce done and buried I got myself out and about, had a few interviews and wouldn't you believe it -became Georges unpaid housekeeper!

"Would you stop tidying up. I can't find anything"

"George?"

"Yes dear?" George now played husband as he hunted through the piles of papers I hadn't even touched for the elusive page he was in search of.

"You know if you need me to go out at night or anything its ok"

"What are you on about?... Oh....oh!... Nah, there's no one at the present moment" He finds his piece of paper and holds it up as if it's a prize trophy.

"What is it?" I quiz him on his page.

"My new song. I just thought out all the end for it!"

"That's great. You're so smart Georgie!" I tease him but it's true he is under-estimated; his mind is sharp and has interests in lots of different areas.

"The lads and I had a look through your poems, lots of potential there. I really want to help you. Maybe put some tunes with them to make them sing!" George leans over the table to see me reading by the window.

"Well why would I want songs. I'm not a singer"

"NO, but if you wanted we could get them up to demo and you could perhaps sell them"

"They're my innermost thoughts why would I sell them"

"You just let me show them all to Paul and John and even Ringo had a look-see. That's not very personal and private anymore, now is it"

"suppose not. Can I just think about it?"

"Course, they could bring a pretty penny if the right person sings them. Just consider it" I nod and I hope we never speak of it til years down the line.

"By the way we are all leaving on a jet plane on the 6th.. USA here we come!!"

"That's brilliant. You will blow them all away"

"Come"

"What?!"

"Come with me- us, on the tour it's only a few days this one. It would be grand to share this with you" George is on the floor now thumbing through the book I just had. I just stare at him.

"You're mad. And how do you explain 'random female' travelling with biggest band of, basically, bachelors in the world. No. A holiday somewhere quiet would be ok but I would only cause hassles George, surely?!"

"Suppose looking at it that way. It would be a bit messy with the press and all" I nod to his realisation.

"Yes, just a bit!"

********************

"Wake up!! Sleepy head!"

"George stop bouncing on my bed what time is it... ugh really, go away" I spotted the time on my clock and throw a pillow at him but he just dives down beside me snuggling and cuddling into my side. I jiffle away from him but he snuggles again.

"You're such a tease, Kasey Nilcola!" He laughs into my hair which is spread all over my pillow, not a good look.

"Tease- me?, I am NOT. You're the one, Um... snuggling up CLOSE" with that he jumps on top of me and starts tickling. I cannot endure tickling so I'm swatting him away around his head.

"Hey! watch the hair takes me hours that does." Combing his fingers through his hair he has paused a second to look in the mirror attached to the dresser across from the bed. I take the opportunity to try and flee the bed. "Oh no you don't" George grabs my arm and I fall down on top of him this time. We are laughing and falling about. Pinning me again he is suddenly serious. "Remember me birthday, The Kiss Plot!?"

I fluff his hair again "how could I forget" I look into those eyes the little boy from the beach, the lad from the Cavern, the man in front of me, he means so much to me. He stares back a little too long "George no" I cut the eye contact, turning away.

"I didn't say nothing" George moves my chin making me look at him again "Do YOU think that was a mistake then"

"Why are you bringing that up now, you're leaving today I don't want you in tears now do I!" I tickle him this time but he is serious now. "I wouldn't, I won't take anything back... I was lucky you were my first everything Georgie"

"Yea me too, I was about to proposition you again but I don't want to lose us." He falls off me landing in a heap beside me. We hold hands up in the air above us, finger fighting. "John just..."

"Oh John just, did he!" I read his mind or should I say John's lewd thoughts he has conveyed to Georgie "Can't have some bird in your house without rolling her, right"

"Something like that, almost word for word actually" George laughs but he considering his next move, rolling thoughts around in his brain.

"Time for me to move out me thinks!" I win the finger fight and just lie on the bed staring at the ceiling, the sun is streaming over the walls now.

"Kas. NO"

"George" I get up on one elbow and hover over him "you have meant the world to me since I saved your sorry arse at Blackpool beach. I don't want to lose you for some quick sex"

"It wouldn't be quick" His quick cheeky retort has me socking him on the chin softly and lay back down. George grins evilly and continues "OK let's have a deal. Friends first, friends last and in the middle. If we are still single and lonely in what, ten years, we will reconvene to discuss the matter further"

"You sound like your tendering a document in parliament" I laugh happily, giggling at his 'agreement' "If I get this job and get me own place let's make sure we don't lose touch this time, have a friend date or something once a fortnight"

"Weekly, I prefer and the pact?" George grins that grin of his at me.

"Ten years yea why not- our very own back-up plan"