I've Just Seen a Face- 8

Where did the time go

Time moves on whether you realise at the time! Or not. The years passed quickly full of events and happenings more in Georges life than mine of course.

Over the few years I had a couple of male friends but I couldn't find my partner it seemed too soon and I was burned by one already, I didn't want my heart to be torn and broken by yet another.

Russell was fine but was way too fast, proposed to me on the forth, I think, date. I was gone from his clutches quick smart, much too much, way way too soon.

Jesse was nice I'll leave it at that.

George met Pattie and she and I got along really well. I think George was surprised at how we talked and shopped together. She was beautiful, a model who he met on the film set. They married in January 1966.

"How do I look" George was fidgeting with his tie again and Paul McCartney and I were trying, unsuccessfully, to calm his nerves.

Paul was to be Georges Best Man. It was funny I hadn't met any of the lads, well I saw them in the Cavern that night years ago, but that was it.

"So... YOU'RE the fictional Kasey" Paul sidled up to me and held his hand up pretending to tell me a secret "We thought he was loopy. No Kasey ever appeared. Not at the studio or 'is house. When he wanted you on the US tour we said yes because, being fictional, you wouldn't take up too much space!"

"I am right here Paul I CAN hear you two" George rolled his eyes and pointed to his cuff links he was being all thumbs with. I strolled over slowly laughing at Pauls words.

"Call me Kas please Paul and I'm real he is just very ashamed of me and me afflictions- ya see I drink like a fish and pee standing up!" I smiled widely at George snapping the cuff link into place.

"Paul very nearly had a stroke then- should have seen his face!" George raised his eyebrows for me to turn around. Paul was trying to keep a straight face.

"Oh she's a keeper this one" Paul was now best buds with me apparently, his arm was slung round my shoulder like we were old friends "got any more tucked away Georgie"

"You keep ya dirty mitts of my precious friend no go stealing her with your McCharm. Now I'm getting married! .....Better get me another stiff drink!"

"I'll introduce you to Jane when we deposit George into married life, right luv" Paul spoke over his shoulder as he got them both a scotch and coke. I held my hand out making him give me his so he had to turn around to make another for himself, he scoffed at me then sculled the drink. The minister having given the signal for us to drag George out to the altar.

The wedding was wonderful and made many cry including me. Pattie gave me a hug back after I congratulated them both. She instantly knew I was thinking of my own failed attempt at happiness, I felt like a loser. Jane was beautiful and we chatted most of the afternoon about her film career and Paul of course.

George and I didn't get to see each other as much after they got married he was even busier with Pattie so our lonely-hearts club became one- me. I wouldn't admit it to George at the time but after he married I was drinking way, way too much, usually holed up in my room. I couldn't be bothered to get all made up and pretty for some guy to try and chat me up then dump. Guess I was just destined to be lonely.