Teacher's Pet..36..

"What did that ass wipe say to you, Jenna?" Brad seethes from behind me as I open the back door on my car.

"Who?" I ask, without turning around, as I place my things in the backseat. "Who are you talking about?"

Brad stops right behind me and I can feel his body heat.

It's the same heat he radiated at me earlier.

He's angry.

"That prick Jackson." Brad grits as I shut the back door. "What the fuck did he say to make you look the way you did when you walked out of the cafe?"

"He didn't say anything, Brad." I mumble as I turn around to face him.

"Yes, he did!" He grinds his teeth and his eyes are a new shade of angry. "What did he say, Jenna? I'll change my major and go kick his ass right now!"

His fists are clenched at his sides and he's still grinding his teeth.

He's serious.

The look of anger is quiet sexy on the noble Bradley Ware.

I look him up and down before sighing, "There isn't a need for all of that, Brad. I'm fine. Did you enjoy your lunch with Tia?"

Brad sighs, releasing his anger slowly, as he rolls his eyes. "I did that to keep her away from you."

"Oh," I scoff, rolling my eyes. "so her meld against your body was done to keep her away from me?"

"Yeah, she was going to bother you during lunch, and I wasn't going to sit around and let her do it. Did you not notice that after we walked in I didn't let her touch me again? Jenna, I was trying to keep her out of your hair. I heard about the display in class. I didn't want her bothering you again."

A smile touches my lips and I rub my lips together to hold it back.

"Well, if that's the truth, Brad, thanks."

"It is the truth, honey," Brad swallows. "and I'm sorry about how I spoke to you earlier. I just--, I would love to be your friend again."

"Really?" My face lights up as I smile.

"Of course. Nothing would make me happier. If being your friend keeps you in my life, Jenna, I'll take it. And this ex of yours, who's reappeared, if he hurts you, I'm kicking his ass."

I smile as Brad pulls me into a gentle hug.

"You're so sweet." I grin into his broad chest.

"You make me like this."

I giggle as we pull away and he tucks a piece of my hair behind an ear.

"Hey, maybe we can catch a movie or go bowling sometime?" He suggests as I smile softly. "Friends go out occasionally."

"Sure thing." I agree with a nod. "I don't object."

"Okay, I'll text you later. Bye, honey."

"Bye." I smile to myself as Brad walks across the parking lot away from me.

I sigh as I slip into my car and close the door.

At least one of my many problems has been resolved.

I have my friend back.

I smile to myself as I start my car and head towards my home.

When I arrive at my house, my smile fades and I huff at the sight of the familiar girl sitting on my porch steps.

I kill my car and pull the key from the ignition.

When I step out, I only see red.

Clearly, I need to knock this bitch out.