Teacher's Pet..37..

"Lift." I direct, Laeny, an acquaintance I'm spotting at the gym I work part time at. "Down. Two more."

"So, Jenna," Laeny grunts, lifting the dumbbells above her head again. "have you gone on any hot dates lately?"

"Nope." I answer, quickly, as I adjust her arms. "Lift again."

"My brother is still available, ya know?" She grunts, struggling to lift the dumbbells. "And he still thinks you're the best thing since sliced bread."

"Oh yeah? Is hell still hot, Laen?" I scoff with a giggle and she nods. "Well, tell Deron to call me when it's negative two down there."

"Sure thing!" Laeny laughs as she puts the dumbbells down for a rest. "I'm sure he'll go down there personally to turn down the thermostat... just to get a date with you."

"Jenna Toussaint!" Mark, the manager of Body Sexy Gym, beckons me over, interrupting mine and Laeny's session of laughing while exercising.

"Yeah?" I frown, looking over at him, as I start spotting Laeny again.

"Come here, girl!" He claps, impatiently, and beckons me again.

I roll my eyes and scoff. "Excuse me, Laeny."

"I got this, girl." She smiles, lifting the dumbbells with ease, as I walk over to Mark.

"Yeah, Mark?" I sigh as I stop in front of him with my hands on my hips. "What's up?"

"We have a V.I.P coming in soon," Mark begins as I wipe sweat from my forehead. "and he specifically asked for you."

"Me?" I point to myself, frowning.

Mark nods, wiggling his brows. "You."

"V.I.P?" I frown more. "We do V.I.P training here, Mark?"

"Uhh, with the money this man is offering---hell, yes, we do VIP training, Jenna!" I laugh as Mark continues. "He says he just wants a private training session with you."

"How does he even know me?" I inquire, frowning again.

"You're a good trainer, J." Mark nudges me. I know he's trying to change the subject. "Who wouldn't know you, girl?"

"Yeah, right." I roll my eyes, adjusting my workout top. "So when is this mysterious VIP trainee dropping in?"

"He said he'd be here in twenty." Mark says as he looks down at his watch. "So two minutes?"

"Two-wh-w?" I stutter, grabbing a towel from behind him. "You're giving me two minutes to get ready for this V.I.P trainee? I've been working with Laeny for the past hour, Mark. I need to change. I need to wipe down equipment. I need to get water and--"

"No, you don't." Mark interrupts, watching me dab at the baby hairs on my forehead. "Jenna, you look great. If I wasn't married--" I laugh still dabbing at the sweat on my face as he goes on. "Anyways, what would you be getting ready for? This is a gym. People are sweaty and stinky here. It's the point of the place."

"The client, Mark!" I shout, gesturing at the front door of the gym. "Training has to be sanitary. I need to wipe down equipment. And you've given me no time. This man is not going to appreciate me taking his paid training time to wipe down equipment."

"Actually," A man begins from behind me. "I'd pay to wait."

My breath catches in my throat as I slowly turn around. 

"Michael?" My eyes widen as he licks his lips.

He smiles that heart melting smile at me as Mark steps forward.