Teacher's Pet..21..

"Jenna!?" Whitney shouts my name again as I hide Michael beneath a pile of dirty laundry. "Jenna!?" I pretend I'm sorting clothes when she finally appears in the doorway of my utility room. "Jenna, didn't you hear me shouting your name?"

"Of course I did," I smile, nervously, and she just stares at me. "but I knew you'd find me. Whit, you know your way around this place."

Michael moves under the clothes and I stand in front of it, hoping Whitney didn't see.

"I do, but---"

"What's up?" I interrupt with a smile. "I thought you weren't coming by until later."

Whitney frowns at me then at the pile of moving clothes behind my legs.

Stop moving, dammit, Michael!

"Uhhh," Whitney begins still eyeing the clothes behind me. "I just by came to bring you yours and Brad's tickets for the gallery opening tonight."

"That's tonight?"

"Yeah, Jen," Whitney sighs, exasperated. "don't tell me you've forgotten? I've only been telling you about it for the past two weeks."

"I didn't forget, Whitney. I just--" Not caring to dig the hole any deeper, I change the subject while rubbing my forehead. "Thanks for bringing them to me. Just put them on that shelf."

Whitney arches a brow at my odd request then places the tickets on the detergent shelf.

"What is wrong with you, Jen?" She asks, frowning. "You seem nervous. Jumpy even."

"Nothing's wrong." I smile to save face. "What? I can't do my laundry?"

"Oh, you can. You just seem a little jumpy that's all." She reiterates.

"Oh, girl, I am fine. F-I-N-E!" I sing then smile for kicks. "I'm fine, Whitney!"

"Oooookay." Whitney's eyes widen before she goes on. "So, umm, when are you coming back to class in person, Jen? Sex Ed, that is. I'm getting tired of taking notes, girl."

"I'm coming back soon, Whit." I mumble, folding a blouse while avoiding eye contact.

"Good. I mean everyone has mostly forgotten about that day, Jen. It was over a month ago."

"I know, Whitney," I swallow, nodding. "but I'm not so sure I want to see that jackass of a professor. And I might pop Tia in her mouth the next time I see her."

The pile of clothes move again and Whitney frowns before looking at me.

"You know, I hear he's firing Tia as his assistant. You may not have to worry about her anymore."

My jaw drops then I fix my mouth for sarcasm. "What? He's firing her now? Why ever would he do that?"

Like I give a damn.

The sex must not be good. Hell, I know she ain't as good as me.

"Yeah, I don't know why," Whitney shrugs. "but I heard it through the grapevine."

"Well, I can't say I'm not happy that bitch is out of a job."

"At least your hate for each other is mutual."

"I guess." I mumble.

"Jen," Whitney begins in a casual tone. "you have to come to class tomorrow. It really has been more pleasant. The Professor's not even as cold as he was before. He won't bother you. I'm quite sure of it."

I shrug, folding a pair of pants now. "I don't know, Whit. I'll think about it."

Whitney stares at the moving pile of clothes again.