Chapter Five

Skye woke up and found herself in a dark room, with barely any light at all. She tried to move but her paws were chained to something. "Help! Somebody please help me!" said Skye as she tried to slip her paws out of the chains, but she couldn't, they were on too tight. "Well at least you're awake now." said a voice, which scared Skye a little. "Who are you?" said Skye. The figure stepped into the light and Skye couldn't believe who it was. "Zuma?! Why are you doing this?!" said Skye as she had a few tears in her eyes.

  "I'm sorry Skye. But I just can't take it anymore!" said Zuma. "Take what anymore?" said Skye. "I'm tired of being a nice pup to everyone! Look at the bigger picture here Skye! We have saved people for doing the dumbest things ever! Alex needed help getting out of a tree house for crying out loud!" said Zuma. "But he's just a kid. He can't help himself Zuma!" said Skye. Zuma was losing his patience and he growled at Skye, which scared her even more. "Zuma! Just let me go! This is crazy!" said Skye as she tried to get out of the chains.

  "Not a chance Skye! And when Ryder and the pups come back, they'll never find you!" said Zuma. Skye tried to get out of the chains one more time but couldn't and Zuma exited the room and closed the door, which turned out the lights. Skye was now in complete darkness and there was nothing she could do. The only thing she could do is hope that Ryder and the other pups would save her.