Chapter Eight

Ryder and the pups were trying to get out of the ropes that were tied in, but failed the first time. "Ryder! What do we do?!" said Skye. "Hang on, I'll call Robo-Dog!" said Ryder as he tried to get his pup pad out of his back pocket. He was touching the pup pad and he gently pulled it out and grabbed it before he could drop it. The fire was starting to roar and all the pups were panting like crazy. "How's it going over there sir?" said Chase. "I've almost got it. And, got it!" said Ryder as all the pups were relieved. He then tossed the pup pad into his lap and he used his nose to call Robo-Dog.

  The cyborg dog barked and Ryder was relieved as well. "Robo-Dog, it's Ryder! The pups and I are stuck in the garage! And the lookout is on fire so please hurry!" said Ryder as he hung up. Chase then tried to bite one of the ropes and he did, he was biting through the ropes and he was now free. "Chase! You're free! Quick, untie us!" said Marshall. "You got it!" said Chase as he chewed all the ropes off the pups and then he went and chewed the ropes that were on Ryder. "Way to go Chase!" said Ryder. "Thank you sir!" said Chase.

  "Okay, now all we have to do is wait for Robo-Dog to show up and we can get out of here!" said Ryder. The fire was getting stronger and it was starting to surround him and the pups. "Wait! I have an idea!" said Marshall. "We're all ears Marshall!" said Rocky. Marshall saw his pup pack and ran through part of the fire and grabbed it. "Ruff! Water hose!" said Marshall as the hose popped out and he sprayed the fire that was blocking Ryder and the pups from the door. There was now a path and Ryder and the pups were at the door. "Atta boy Marshall!" said Ryder as all the pups howled for him. Robo-Dog then pressed a button on the console near the garage door and the door was open.

  "Pups! Run!" said Ryder as he and the pups were running as fast as they could away from the lookout. All of a sudden, there was an explosion and Ryder, the pups, and Robo-Dog were launched a few feet back. They got up and saw the lookout and their pup houses on fire. Their home and vehicles were destroyed. The pups let their heads down as they were sad for what happened to their home. Ryder started coughing from the smoke of the fire and he told all of the pups and Robo-Dog to get in the Air Patroller.

  The pups did as they were told and they all laid down in the seats of the Air Patroller. "Let's get some sleep pups." said Ryder.