Chapter One

Y/n's pov

You pushed your eyelids tighter together as the loud blaring of your morning alarm echoed throughout the room. A groan escaped your lips and you propped yourself up on your elbows looking around the bright room decorated with beams of sunlight filtering through the window. You yawned and stretched your arms over your head as your body rolled up and out of bed. With sluggish motions you stripped yourself out of pajamas and into your clothes.

Trotting out of your room and into the bathroom you combed through your matted hair and brushed your teeth. You smiled slightly at yourself in the mirror before glancing at my phone; checking the time. Your eyes widened as your calm demeanor shifted into one of panic. You quickly bolted downstairs; going two steps at a time.

You looked over to your mom who sat on the couch watching TV. You waved as you rushed by "Morning Mom!" You called making her laugh at your frantic state.

"Late again?" She chuckled turning down the TV volume.

You grabbed a granola bar stuffing part of it into your mouth. "Yeah," You replied with your mouth half full.

You grabbed your shoes; quickly pushing your feet into them as you scooped up your backpack and shrugged it on along with your signature green jacket. You hurried towards the door "Bye Mom!" You called as you shut it.

{TimeSkip}

You panted and slowed your pace drastically as your schools front door were visible to you. You checked your phone and smiled seeing you made it a few minutes before the bell. You pushed open the double doors and walked through the crowded halls. You made your way to your first period as the students around you dwindled. You kept your eyes glued to your textbook as you began to prepare yourself for your L.A test. Your eyes widened as you ran into someone knocking you backwards. They put their hands on your shoulders stabling you. You quickly looked up meeting a boy who seemed to be about twenty-three with messy curly red hair and crazed looking dull blue eyes. He wore a janitor's outfit with a name tag spelling 'Mickey' in bold letters. As far as you've known your school never had a janitor named Mickey, he must be new. "Whoa, watch where you're going." He chuckled lightly with undertones of excitement.

You quickly straightened up. "I'm so sorry! Are you OK?" You asked bowing slightly in an attempt to hide your burning face.

He chuckled. "I'm fine, just get to class kid." He said patting your shoulder.

You looked up and smiled a bit. "I'll try. Bye," You glanced at his nametag again "Mickey!" You waved before taking off towards your first period. "Bye Y/n." He muttered not turning around.

Wait did he just say my name? You thought as you turned around looking at the figure. I've never met him before though. You waved off these thoughts as paranoia as you pushed open your classroom door.

{TimeSkip}

The bell rung signaling the end of the day. You stood up along with the rest of your friends, they laughed as you all walked to the front of the school and out onto the front sidewalk. "Bye Y/n!" A few called turning to look at you as they walked away.

"Bye guys!" You called back smiling.

You looked up towards the clouded grey sky frowning. It looked like it was about to pour. You started your trip home walking at a brisk pace trying to beat the storm. Your actions were futile, as drops of water started falling, eventually turning aggressive. You held your backpack over your head as you ran through the growing storm regretting not checking the weather.

You shifted your weight as you stood by a crosswalk waiting for the red icon to turn white. Your house was only a few blocks from here. Your eyes detached themselves from the road as light honk came from a scratched up maroon windowless van pulled up next to where you was standing. "Need a ride? It's pretty dangerous to walk around in these conditions." A male voice called.

Your heart sunk as you squinted your eyes as you desperately tried to look through the heavy rain to identify who was talking. You held up your hand waving them off. "Um. No I'm OK, thanks." You said turning away from the vehicle.

The sound of the back doors of the car squeaking open made your eyes widened as you looked back watching two men blurred by the rain jump out and lunge at me. You screamed and ran across the vacant road belining towards your house. You turned your head as you ran looking at the car's headlights swiftly approaching.