Chapter Five

Y/n's pov

You trudged along side him not wanting to make him angry again. He didn't look at you as he stopped you in front of the exit of the building. "Run and you're de-ead." He said looking down at you.

You nodded curtly keeping your eyes down. He lightly grabbed your hand as he pushed open the door letting the cool night-time air wash over you. This made the blood covering you dry at a much quicker pace letting a chill wash over you. You used your free hand to wrap Max's jacket tighter around yourself. I really should give this back... You mentally noted as the cold wind whipped against your face.

You both silently walked along a dirt path until you met a large clearing with ten or so abandoned looking wood cabins about twenty feet apart from one another. There was a large ash pit in the middle that looked like it was used to make huge bonfires. "What is this place?" You whispered looking around, the moon lighting up the clearing in a eerie glow.

He took notice of your question, "Home," he said not looking at you.

Your eyes widened but you didn't respond not wanting to trigger another one of his outbursts. He lead you up to the center cabin, the stairs creaking under our steps. He unclipped a large key ring from his belt picking a small brass one and inserting it into the doorknob. His body suddenly jerked to one side the key falling from his grasp. You gasped letting go of his hand and jumping back surprised from his sudden movement.

He cursed and picked the key ring back up finding the right key and unlocked the door. He stepped in and looked on you, "Let's g-go?" He said motioning you to walk in.

You hesitated and looked behind you at the tree line calculating your chances of successfully making it. "Not a chance." He said seeming to reading your thoughts.

You sighed accepting defeat and trudged into the cabin, him shutting and locking the door behind you. You frowned looking around the nearly vacant house, sure it had a couch and fridge and all other essentials but otherwise it was bare.

"Uh, do y-you want to ta-take a showe-er? You're covered in b-blood." He said looking you up and down. "I would ha-have to leave to g-get you stuff t-though."

You looked around feeling uncomfortable under his gaze. You nodded not making eye contact. He lead you up a wood staircase and stopped in front of a door. It was obvious you were both uneasy and uncomfortable.

He pulled the door open revealing a pretty empty bathroom. He quickly closed the door behind you as you slowly walked in. The click of a screwed on latch echoed through the room. You spun around trying to turn the knob. "Wait!" You said attempting pulling at the door.

"I'll be back in a minute," he said as his footsteps faded.

The sound of the front door shutting was audible as the cabin got eerily silent. You pulled on the knob trying to break the old lock with no luck. A few minutes passed before the front door slammed open sending vibrations through the house. You straightened up as a pair of footsteps came up the stairs.

You quickly sat on the edge of the tub getting away from the door. The latch was undone bit the door stayed shut. You held your breath as the atmosphere got thick.

The door quickly swung open and the twitching teen stood in the door frame. You gasped taking in air as you lost balance and slipped backwards falling into the small bathtub.