Chapter Four

Y/n's pov

The boy with orange goggles jumped off the stage and unclasped a hatchet from his waistband; violently swinging it into the girls skull. Blood exploded from her face like confetti, splattering all over you and floor. Your breathing hitched as you slowly reached up and touched some of the blood on your face while looking down at her broken body.                    

Your body felt as if it were about to give out while your breaths got more and more ragged. Your eyes wouldn't; couldn't move off her half-gone head. You could feel the rooms eyes shift onto you as you froze. You blankly looked up at the smiling killer as it got increasingly harder breathe. You took uneasy steps back as the boy turned his attention to you. You turned and bolted towards the entrance of the gymnasium. You ran into the line of criminals surrounding us and pushed past some of the disoriented few.

This was put to an end when a large hand gripped your shoulder. Running high on adrenaline and without thinking you turned on your heel and delivered a hard punch to the stranger's face. Thick red blood dripped out of his nose and onto his less than appealing face. A smile crept onto his lips before he gripped your shirt with inhuman strength and threw you across the wood floor making your body painfully screech against it. He moved to approach you but stumbled backwards when a blood covered hatchet whizzed through the air and embedded itself a few inches in the floor where he was about to step. You glanced up seeing the dead girl's killer standing above you. "Back o-off Dev," he said lowly holding a slightly duller orange hatchet up defensively.

The man glared at you while holding his nose and stepped back into his earlier place in the wall of criminals. Masky seemed surprised by the ordeal but continued. "I'll end that there then, that's all for now E.J will lead you to your sleeping quarters. Trials start tomorrow, good luck."

Everyone quickly piled out of the area leaving you a broken mess on the floor. The boy walked over to my slightly shaking form. The teen squatted down in front of you putting their hand on your hair as you attempted to move away from his touch. "Rogers what the hell are you doing?" Masky spat leaving the stage.

The person petting you didn't seem fazed and scooped you up in their arms like you weighed nothing. You thrashed in their strong grip cursing him out with every curse word you could think of. You looked through a wall of your matted hair at your captor then glanced over at the people on stage; who, unsurprisingly, still had their eyes locked on you. He walked back up onto the stage with you still in his hold.

He put you down and turned you to face into his chest, his arms wrapped around you as one hand rested on the back of your head holding you closer to him. You put your hands on his chest attempting to push him away. "I got th-hem." He said lowly as Hoodie scoffed. "Whatever."

They seemed to ignore him as he lead you roughly out of the gym and up a flight of stairs. Your curses and frantic struggling only getting worse. He stopped you in front of a pair of large double doors. "Don't freak o-o-out." He said holding your wrist tightly with one hand and knocking with the other.

He seemed to get some unheard confirmation making him slowly open the office door. He moved his grip from your wrist to holding your hand as you ferociously tried to rip your hand out of his. Defeated you looked up and around the room your eyes landing on a desk that sat in the middle of the vacant room. Your eyes widened as you let out a audible gasp as you started to lightly hyperventilate. There was a lengthy paper-white figure in a black and white suit that's height made it nearly touch the ceiling, sitting down in an oversized office chair. His face was featureless, no eyes, no mouth, just blank.

The boy quickly put his gloved hand over your mouth. "S-shut up!" The boy hissed leaning down next to your ear.

He kept his hand there and spoke to it. "Master, so-sorry to disturb y-you," he said looking at his nonexistent face. "I have a r-request."

The thing 'looked' at you making you cringe and shove your head further back into the boys chest in a last ditch attempt to oust some distance between you and this... thing. A wave of pain flooded your head as the creature responded laying a pale hand on his desk. "Go on," a voice you assumed belonged to the creature echoed through your mind, it sounding like hundreds of overlapping voices mixing together to make one. You placed a hand on your head trying to soothe your pounding headache as you listened to them talk. He took a deep breath. "I want them." The teen said without stuttering motioning down at you.

Your breathing hitched as you froze. The being let out a low hum thinking. "I'll grant you them as a reward for your constant success rate with bringing in new recruits without fail." It said as it's nonexistent eyes seemed to bore into your unmoving figure.

Realizing what he was saying you began squirming trying to get away from my captor who only tightened his already steel grip on your hand. He perked up not paying attention to you. "T-thank you Master." He said holding you closer.

"I'll notify everyone they're yours." The being said placing both hands on his desk. "You are dismissed for the night."

"Of course, thank y-you again M-master." The boy said, letting go of your mouth and pulling you without struggle from the room. 

You dug your nails into his hand not getting a response, let alone a sign it was even effecting him. You gave up quickly and let him pull me through the vacant halls. "Where are you taking me?" You said dragging your feet trying to slow him down.

He seemed annoyed with the question and kept walking, pulling you with him. "Let me go!" You said desperately trying to plant your feet.

He wheeled around, "C-can you jus-st shut u-up!" He roared looming over you.

You scowled looking at the ground a an angry tear started to stream down your face. He sighed and put a gloved finger under my chin easily lifting it to looking at him. "Sorry Angel." He said using his thumb to wipe away the tear.

You leaned your face away from his hand. He sighed and dropped his hand seeming saddened by my actions. "Lets go," he murmured lightly pulling on your arm.