Chapter Two

Y/n's pov

You pushed your legs to go faster while the light from the van got increasingly bright. As your house came into your blurred view the car seemed to pick up speed. You skidded to a stop in front of your door quickly fishing your key from your pocket. You fumbled with them trying to get the right. You threw a quick glance over your shoulder at the car pulling up to the curb in front if the house.

The scenery was blurry but it was clear three were piling out of the car and walking towards the house. You began to panic and called out for your parents, banging at the door and not getting a reply. Crap, they must be still at work.

You felt two arms rest on your waist, making you quickly turn around panicked. It was the red headed janitor from school? Two others stood on either side of you. One was a girl with straight brown hair and the other was a boy with bleached blonde hair, they both looked to be about your age. You threw a punch at the red heads face making him turn his head to the side, dodging it. "Whoa-oh-oh! I can see why'd they picked you." He smirked grabbing your arm pulling you away from the door.

You screamed making the blonde curse and quickly cover your face in a rag. The smell emanating from the cloth gave off a sickly sweet aroma. You held your breath thrashing in their grip fairly easily from the rain water you was drenched in. Your lack of air became a serious problem as they dragged you closer and closer towards their van. You stubbornly sucked in small breaths trying to stay conscious for as long as possible. Your eyes started to droop as your body unwillingly relaxed while they practically threw you into the truck. You skidded across the floor, your wet clothes acting as a lubricant of sorts.

You hit someone making you drowsily look at the seven or eight other unconscious bodies along side you. The van doors shut as the three climbed in. "That's everyone for us, Curro, Shell-Shock, and Leela have the rest." The redhead said before you blacked out.

{TimeSkip}

You groaned as you slowly opened your eyes. You squinted as you looked around what appeared to be an old school locker room. You started to hyperventilate slightly as you looked at the twenty or thirty people around you. A few rushed over to you trying to get you to calm down. "Hey, hey!" Someone snapped their fingers in front of your face making you shift your gaze to them.

"What's your name?" He asked in an obvious attempt to subside your panic.

You caved "Y/n. What am I doing here?" You asked shivering from your soggy clothes.

He ran his hand through his dyed blue hair. "None of us really know." He said motioning to the people awake.

He took note of your quivering form and shrugged off his jacket holding it out to you. "I'm Max by the way." You gave him a small smile and took it wrapping it around your frame.

You continued to have small conversations, like your age; you were both sixteen, and a few other topics of small talk. After a while others started joining you until everyone woke up from their drugged state several hours later. They were all between eleven and twenty-five.

Most cried, some screamed, but all quieted when the large metal door leading out out the room slammed open and ten or so people filed in pointing various weapons at us. "Stand up," one of them snapped as everyone quickly followed orders.

"Lets go," another one said in a board tone motioning towards the door.

No one dared to revolt as they lead us out of the room; weapons surrounding us at all time. You stepped out it was clear this was a school or collage of some sort. It seemed to be abandoned but half way rebuilt by whoever inhabits this place now. They lead you into what appeared to be a large gym. There was a small stage made of wood on the far side with fifteen or so people standing on it with mixed expressions.

They stood in a semicircle around you as you piled into the space in front of the stage. You stood in the front row trying to get a better view.

The boy in front spoke in a dry tone like its the millionth time he's had to say it "Co-ongratulations, you've all b-been selected t-to participa-ate in an 'interview' of s-sorts. Out of-f the thirty of y-you three will become what we call Proxies. Those who-o ar-rent as will be eliminated."