Ominous Happenings

Two years had gone by in but a blur.

Nathan had graduated high school some months after the incidents occurred with Ahkmenrah's brother Kahmunrah and, much to his parent's disappointment-well his mother's more so than his father's-began to work as a night guard's assistant for Larry Daley. Remembering Jedediah's words back at the Smithsonian museum, Nathan realized maybe he should stand up to his parents after all.

He sat down with them one night shortly after his graduation ceremonies ended and told them of what he really wanted to do with his life. I'll leave you to imagine his mother's reaction on that. Nathan's father, Yuhan however was more than supportive of his son's decision to work at the museum.

"Larry's a good friend of mine, Sujin," Yuhan calmly told his wife that night. "You know Nathan loves that museum: I know you want what is best but maybe this is that thing that will be best for him."

And that was the end of that. Now moving on to present day.

"I don't know what's going on with Nicky lately," Larry stated with a huff as they walked up the steps to the museum. Twilight had approached them creating hues of blues and pinks in the gradually darkening skies, the air growing colder by the minute. "He's been acting really strange lately."

Nathan let out a chuckle, clapping his companion on the shoulder grinning assuring at him. "You mean like a typical teenager? C'mon Larry, Nicky's a good kid: So he threw a wild party. Kind of normal behavior."

"But he's being more rebellious then normal! I don't remember you ever acting like that or your siblings. Oh yeah. How'd your folks react by the way about your career choice?" Larry asked him, pushing open the doors.

Nathan took a moment to let everything just sink in as he entered the beautiful building that had become a second home to him before speaking once more to the night guard laughing sheepishly. "Ha. Well...I don't think I have to explain how mom felt. And dad, bless his heart, told her basically it's my decision to make."

When the sun finally sets over the New York skyline, Larry locks up the entryways as Nathan gets into his own uniform. "Alright," the older night guard exclaims, grinning at his teenage companion. "Let's get to work."

"You got it boss."

Xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

By day, Dexter was a cute, stuffed Capuchin monkey that the visitors would ogle and dote over at how 'cute' he was. But Larry and Nathan both knew...knew all too well just what a little trouble-maker the mischievous monkey in all actuality was. Why, he had been so bad on some occasions that Teddy himself called him 'The Fuzzy Devil's Spawn' or something close to it.

"DEXTER! Dexter, come on: Hand over my keys right now ya little..." Nathan let out slews of curses as he chased after the monkey who was making a beeline down one of the halls. The Capuchin ran in and out through some of the exhibits legs, some being a couple of Victorian era ladies whom squealed at the feeling of Dexter crawling underneath their long dresses in which Nathan apologized for his behavior. "Sorry ladies: I promise I'll control him soon alright?" He said, running past the appalled women.

Larry's voice soon started to crackle in through the walkie-talkie. "Nathan! Nate did you catch that little bastard yet?!"

"I'm right on his tail Larry! Where are you?"

"Situations not looking good kid. Repeat: Not looking good! We've lost Jedediah!"

"What?! Damn...he was a good man. Oct's gonna be crushed."

"My young liege! Please avenge Jedediah for me: He keeps going on that he will not make it! Catch that little rodent on my behalf!"

Nathan chuckled through the walkie talkie, telling Octavius that everything will be fine in the end. "Just leave things to me sir! I've got this! Over and out."

Then he heard it.

That dreaded, fowl chattering laugh that just made his skin crawl. Whipping his head up, he could see his target standing just in front of the Ancient Egyptian exhibit. A cheeky monkey grin creeping up on his face, holding up Nathan's keys waving them around mockingly.

"Alright. This is the end of the line for you...ya damn dirty ape," Nathan replies, walking slowly and carefully as Dexter takes a few steps back. The Anubis guards block the monkey however by putting their spears in a cross like shape preventing him from escaping. "You've caused everyone so much pain and suffering. Took Jedediah away from us...now you're going to pay."

"Dexter. Come."

At the familiar, serious tone of Ahkmenrah's voice, the Capuchin's head perks up instantly to see the Pharaoh just now entering his exhibits area. Kneeling on the floor, he makes a cooing sort of sound motioning Dexter to hand him the keys which the Capuchin eventually does. Placing them in a bronze hand, hopping on the now chuckling Pharaoh's shoulder tossing a relieved Nathan a grin.

"And THAT is how you catch a Capuchin, Nathaniel. Was there really a need for all that dramatic talk?" He teased, walking towards the teenager putting his keys back in his hand.

"Hey at least it made things more fun." Nathan joked back, giving Dexter a firm look when Larry radioed in on him.

"What's the status man?"

"Target has been acquired Larry. Repeat, target has been acquired." A roar of cheers sounded in the background, even tiny ones emitting from Jedediah, Octavius and the other miniatures making Nathan and Ahkmenrah laugh at their reactions.

"Now," Ahkmenrah stated in between his laughs, grinning coyly at the younger male. "Don't I get something for helping you out?"

Nathan chuckled, placing his hand on the shoulder Dexter wasn't on leans in and places his lips upon Ahkmenrah's. Dexter hopped off his shoulder at that point, going off back to Larry and the others. Ahkmenrah cupped Nathan's face in his hand, running his tongue along the younger's bottom lip when something had happened.

Eyes widening in shock, Ahkmenrah pulled away from Nathan only to collapse into him. Panic ensued in the younger male instantly, setting them both on the ground carefully as possible leaning the Pharaoh against his lap. "Ahk? Ahk! What's going on? What happened? Say something damn it!"

His heart pounded against his chest as he tried everything to wake him, slapping him on the cheek lightly a few times.

It took moments later, but Ahkmenrah's gentle brown eyes eventually fluttered back open. Nathan sighed. "Oh thank Gods...are you alright now?"

With Nathan's help, Nathan could practically feel the fear emitting from the older male's body as he was told to bring him to his sarcophagus. Ordering the Anubis guards to let them pass, Ahkmenrah's already paled face seemed to have become paler when he saw the Golden Tablet on the wall. "No...Nathaniel. I fear things are not alright."

"I don't understand what you," Nathan began, eyes traveling from Ahkmenrah to the tablet when they to widened at what he was seeing. "...Mean." He finished in a stunned whisper.

The once lovely gold tablet was now becoming a dark, ominous green shade. Out of every movie dealing with a curse or book he had read, Nathan knew that a sacred object becoming green was never a good sign. Never.

"Has this happened before?"

"No. Never."

Nathan glances over at the tablet, a sick feeling in the very pit of his stomach as he traces over it. Fingertips just barely brushing the slab. Whatever it was that was happening, they didn't like it. They didn't like it one bit.

A/N: And here she is, the final installment to my fanfiction trilogy. I wrote this in 2015, but found no real means to change anything unlike in the second, which needed to be re done. Honestly after re-posting these, it makes me want to watch the movies again heh. I'll never forget when I first watched them, how amazing they were and still are. 

Also, I'm so happy Rami Malak is becoming more noticeable <3 I don't usually praise actors, he's just different for some reason /the good kind, to clarify/.

Any-who.

Enough of my rambling, on with the show!