Here Boy

Nathan really did try with all he had to not snicker or laugh at how the newest Neanderthal looked so much like Larry the minute he popped out of one of the boxes. An excited expression over his face at the sight of the night guard whom held quite the opposite reaction.

The time he got to know the Neanderthal-which La was apparently his name-, he found he was actually starting to become friendly towards him. It especially amused him of his childish, typical jealous human nature towards Nicky when Larry tried explaining to him that he was not his son.

With Dexter perched on his shoulder, he stroked the Capuchin's neck in a soothing manner with his thumb listening absentmindedly to Larry ordering La of guarding the door.

It was as if he were lost in his own world until he feels a gentle hand touch his other shoulder. "Is everything alright, Nathan?" Turning to his left, he gives a small smile when he sees it's only Ahkmenrah.

But...the sight of the Pharaoh makes him frown inwardly. Patches of grey could be seen on his beautiful bronze skin. Face looked almost sunken in and not as 'lively' as it usually was. It honestly made him more worried or perhaps, even fearful of the tablet now.

"I should be asking you that don't you think?" Nathan stated with honesty, stopping his stroking of Dexter to look at the other. "You...don't look so good."

"Well I thank you for your honesty." Ahkmenrah muttered, turning away with a furrow of his eyebrows.

"You know I didn't mean it to be offensive," Nathan defend himself. "I meant that, it had to be affecting you the most right? You're the one most connected with it."

"We're all affected by this, Nathan."

Giving a sigh and possibly one of his fakest grins that he knew Ahkmenrah could see right through, he places a hand on his shoulder firmly. "I'm okay. Alright? ....Tell me though, do you feel any pain? At all?"

Seeing Ahkmenrah lower his gaze as he did hurt Nathan terribly on the inside. Oh he knew it. He knew all alone the tablet must hold some sort of painful effect on him, Teddy and the others if they lost control.

Larry had finally gotten La to stay put at the gates by the time he made it back, making it seem like it was an 'easy' task to hide his flustered attitude over the Neanderthal as he looked down at his watch.

"So, Lawrence: What's the plan of attack?"

"Uh, well we're going to Egypt to find Ahk's parents and hopefully get the tablet fixed."

Hopefully. That dreaded word making Nathan cringe. There were certainly no guarantees that Ahkmenrah's tablet could be cured of whatever curse this was that placed itself over it.

The halls gave off a very creepy vibe as they watched the numerous figures begin to come to life for the first time, more so the stone ones without limbs. One of them was crawling around without legs that eerily reminded of the ghost in Ju-On: The Grudge in which he stuck close by Ahkmenrah who smirked coyly down at him.

"Don't tell me you're scared Nathan."

"I-I'm not scared...I laugh in the face of fear ha!"

"You're holding my hand awfully tight for someone whom is 'not afraid'."

Ahkmenrah let out a laugh when Nathan's face flushed a crimson shade dusting over his face, but kissed him on the mouth briefly. Suddenly, a very disturbing roar halted everyone in their tracks. Their gaze traveled towards the end of the hallway, seeing a very large triceratops skeleton blocking their way out.

"Wait," Larry shushed them, looking up towards a pig head on the wall motioning to its tusk on display. "You mind if I borrow this?" needless to say, the pig was quick to agree. Nathan watched, not having a clue what Larry had in mind at first until it clicked. Remembering what they had to do to control Rexy for the first time.