The End Will Come

The couple held onto one another's hands tight making their way inside the room where the main group was located. Larry arched a brow seeing them and the state of Nathan's wrapped in gauze hand when the younger male shrugged one shoulder. "Had...a little accident is all." He knew Larry was not buying it in the slightest, but saw no point in arguing again.

Nathan looks over at Ahkmenrah whom holds nothing but a big grin on his face, gazing upon the three stoned walls with ancient hieroglyphics all around and two opened sarcophagi in the middle of the room.

"I haven't seen these walls in many a moon." Ahk stated, Nathan can't help but hold a grin of his own feeling the Pharaoh's happiness radiating from him.

"Ahkmen?!" Another voice that drifted into Nathan's ears could be heard as he turned his head towards the exhibit where an Egyptian couple emerges with shocked, yet all the same thrilled expressions. Both of them held a strong resemblance towards Ahkmenrah as he with them. Especially on his father's side.

"Mother!" Ahkmenrah exclaimed, letting go of Nathan's hand joining his parent's in a group hug. A soft smile crossed over the young man's features seeing how happy the family truly looked reunited. Ahkmenrah would always talk of his life as a boy, the friends he grew up with, the mischief they'd sometimes get into...never Kahmunrah of course. Perhaps on occasion but then he'd stop midway not wanting to go into too much detail with his brother. Not to mention, the events leading up to his untimely murder were always a sore topic.

"I want you to meet my friends," the young Pharaoh said after turning towards the group, extending his arm out. His gaze lasted particularly longer on Nathan, something which Queen Shepseheret noticed.

"I am Merenkahre, Pharaoh of the Nile and Father of the Son of the Sun," Ahkmenrah's father was indeed a very stern man it seemed, not at all like his mother who bore a gentle smile to them all.

"And I am Shepseheret, the Glittering Jewel of the Nine Kingdoms." Nathan glanced down at Jedediah and Octavius, both of which were in Larry's front jacket pocket shrugging their shoulders not at all sure how to pronounce those names either.

Mer and Shep. Meren? Shepe? Yeah he'd go with one or the other.

"Hi, I'm Larry." Larry greeted giving a wave of his hand in greeting.

"Guardian of Brooklyn," Ahk finished for Larry, whom leaned over Nathan's shoulder to whisper to the Pharaoh.

"I actually...we actually live in Manhattan now."

"I know. But it doesn't sound as cool." Ahkmenrah whispered back making Nathan chuckle earning a look at him from Merenkahre.

"And who are you boy?" And that's when Nathan froze of his laughter. He bit the inside of his cheek wringing the hem of his shirt gently in his hands, feeling Ahkmenrah's comforting hand on his shoulder.

"Father, mother: This is Nathan Jung, another Guardian of Brooklyn." Ahkmenrah stated with a calm, gentle tone.

Unsure of how to react, Nathan merely bowed although he flinched inwardly when Merenkahre looked at him as if he were inspecting him. "Hmmm....I suppose you're a handsome young man. What do you think my dear?"

"Yes. Very handsome...he actually reminds me a bit of Horem don't you agree?"

Horem.

Now Nathan remembered: He was Kahmunrah's husband...the one the Pharaoh had said strongly reminded him of when they first met.

Wait. Back to reality: How the hell do you greet royalty again?

"Pleasure to meet you your majesties."