Fin

Three years later

It's always amazing how fast the years can go by isn't it?

After the events with the tablet, Nathan Jung, when he reached the age of twenty four decided to go back to London to study and become a historian after the events that took place just three years early.

A bright yellow Taxi cab finally pulls up at the British Museum of Natural History just before sunset. "Thanks a lot." The dark haired male said with a bow of respect.

The driver, a grey haired man on the slightly chubby side gives Nathan a one front toothless grin followed by a wave. "No problem kid. Say, what you doing at a museum when it's getting close to sunset though? Nothing goes on there."

Oh...you have no idea do you pal? The younger male can't help but chuckles at the driver's remark, flashing him a grin of his own pulling his coat further around his body since it was chilly outside. Just like that one fateful night three years ago. "Trust me pal: You have no idea. Catch ya later."

And with that, he walks up the all too familiar steps and into the all too familiar building. Heading straight for McPhee's new office.

Xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

"It's been three years since I've seen Larry Daley. He's the one who got me my job back," McPhee said to the new night guard Tilly and looking over at Nathan. "You as well. Haven't heard from either of you in years. Heard you're studying to be a historian and Larry got his degree. That's good. Very good."

Nathan crossed his arms over his chest, watching as the curator takes out various things placing them on his desk a small smile creeping up over his face leaning against the desk listening to Tilly speak. "Well, when Mr. Daley heard of the traveling expedition, he called Mr. Jung and I up asking us to deliver this to you personally."

The minute she takes out the famous magical tablet of Ahkmenrah, Nathan rolls his eyes as McPhee looks at them with a stupefied expression coming along with it a snort or chuckle of disbelief. "Ah yes! The 'magical' Golden Tablet of Ahkmenrah..."

"You better get ready sir." Nathan said with a wide grin, watching as the sun begins to make its decent upon the city. "Tilly? Start the count down."

"You got it kid. Three...two...and....."

Before she can even get to one, the tablet starts glowing right in McPhee's hands making his eyes widen to the size of dinner plates. It's not long before all three of them start to hear a party going on in the main lobby which confuses the curator greatly, letting himself get dragged down into the room with Tilly doing her own dancing along the way.

The museum was in full party mode by the time they arrive with various music playing from the sound speakers. "Come on McPhee: Join in!" Nathan shouts to him over the music, giving a sway of his hips as he does the moon walk out onto the dance floor laughing.

This song in particular was one he remembers dancing at his eldest brother's wedding, hand-picked by his bride whom had good taste in music-at least to Nathan he did. Teddy and Sacagawea ride past him, the president giving him his usual salute followed by a wink in which Nathan returned one of his own.

Even Lancelot was getting down to the music a bit.

And.

The one person whom he wanted to see the most was here...

Almost a second before he even goes up to the DJ booth, laughing seeing Jedediah and Octavius dancing on the CD's, the minute he and Ahkmenrah lock eyes with one another...everything just feels right.

"...Welcome home, my love." Ahkmenrah smiles, wrapping his arms around his beloved's waist.

"It's good to be home Ahk. ...It's good to be home."

Just as the Pharaoh once told him

'Destiny is a peculiar thing, Nathan. If you truly believe in it you will be brought home'

A/N: And...that's it guys, the last chapter of my Night at The Museum fanfic series. I originally wrote this on Ao3 back in 2015 but decided to re-post it here around, that same time. I am so thankful for every like, comment or favorite someone gave <3 It truly means a lot to know, someone is enjoying (or not enjoying that's okay as well), my works. 

Thanks and thanks again! You all are wonderful here.