Play's The Thing

So how long had it been since they split up? Hours? Minutes? Seconds? Nathan didn't have a clue for he was banging his head against the wall repeatedly. They were nowhere near finding any signs of Lancelot what so ever than they were finding that strange exhibit just moments ago. What if they already missed him? What if it was too late?

Those thoughts swirled in Nathan's now aching head when he sighed heavily, crossing his arms over his chest. "I swear: I'm tempted to just call it a night and go to the nearest coffee shop and harass the damned owners until they give in to my demands."

Sacagawea looks at him with a shocked expression. "Nathan: Remember what Larry said? There will be no harassing of anybody. I would have thought you'd grown out of that." Okay. Maybe the Shoshone woman did have a point. The last time he did that...well it really didn't end well. He actually spent a night in jail (well in his little story it was a night when actually it was only thirty seconds until Larry and his father came to pick him up).

Finally, everyone came to give up for a minute going back to the museum's main entrance. Nathan takes out his cell phone and flips it open sighing softly at the red, glowing numbers of 9:30 pm. "Good. We still have time." He muttered.

"We have no knowledge of how long the tablet will last though." Ahkmenrah commented as they stepped outside.

It was far too cold for Nathan's liking as he wrapped his arms around his body, rubbing his arms for much needed warmth. It wasn't until he feels pressure on his side when he sees Ahkmenrah's face begin to turn grayer then before and more veins started coming fourth. "....Maybe we don't have as much time after all." He sighed, helping the Pharaoh stand up when Teddy started speaking.

"Lawrence, I can't move my arms." Teddy stated making Nathan look around at the state his friends were now becoming one by one. "I fear we are becoming less useful by the minute." Even Attila swayed to the side before collapsing, Larry hoisting him back up on his feet.

"Come on, big guy." Larry commented, him and Nathan cringing as one of his eyes turned to glass. "Wow, you're looking all crazy-eyed there, man." Oh nice going Larry Nathan thought sourly as the Hun leader puckered his lips and began crying, in which the younger male reaches over to pat him on the shoulder in a soothing manner giving Larry a disapproving glare.

Ahkmenrah's arms soon wrap around his waist however, earning a red tint to dust across his cheeks feeling the Pharaoh's chin on his shoulder.

"Dad, there's like eight million people in this city." Nick commented. "The guy could be anywhere."

"We'll find him," Larry said, his tone sounding like that of someone from a movie. "We have to."

"Always the optimist aren't you?" Nathan rolled his eyes, smiling at Attila and Ahkmenrah when they both seemed to be somewhat normal now.

They all soon decided to just walk around until they found something. Anything. Nathan's feet were becoming cold. He could practically feel his blisters and was about to ask Ahkmenrah for a piggy back ride but halted the question, knowing that he was way too exhausted to carry him.

As they continued their trek, Nathan could see a small gang of guys giving a few 'cat calls' to him and Sacagawea. Ahkmenrah scowled at the gang, putting his arm protectively around Nathan as Teddy with Sacagawea whom was particularly disturbed by the remarks.

"They're lucky I'm weak at the moment." The Pharaoh muttered.

"Hooligans." Teddy simply stated, narrowing his eyes.

Nathan and Sacagawea chuckled at their remarks, grateful to have such protective people in their lives.

Xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo