Dancing and Green Tablets

To say that the show was a disaster would be an understatement. Everything had gone so well at first, but it's always astounding how things can go wrong in such short time. All of the exhibits were ashamed of what had happened. They had no control over their thoughts or actions. Nathan and Ahkmenrah were standing quietly on the sidelines, him leaning against the stair railing.

 He knew Ahkmenrah must be feeling awful over what happened, it didn't take a genius to figure. Slipping his hand into his, the Pharaoh gave it a gentle squeeze in return welcoming Nathan's comfort. "What happened?" Larry asked, pacing around in front of the group. "I mean, you guys were acting really weird tonight."

 "More than weird." Nathan muttered.

  Oh he could only imagine the news hype over this event. He could just picture it on the headlines. There's no way McPhee would go easy on him and Larry about this.

  "Dolphins are one of the most peaceful animals in the world, Attila, and you hacked into the ice sculpture like it was going to rip your face off." Larry scolded the Hun leader, giving a shake of his head.

  "And in front of Regis to."

  "Regis Filbo?" Attila asked, sorrow clear on his face.

  "Yeah, Reio Filbo." Larry said, but when he focused on Teddy there was more than disappointment laced in his voice as he focused on him next. "And Teddy, you held a gun to my face, what's with that?"

  "I don't know what came over me, Lawrence," the President stated wringing his hands nervously while Sacagawea gave him soothing comfort.

"Please forgive me, I wasn't myself."

  The night guard let out a weary, exasperated sigh feeling his head begin to throb with an upcoming migraine.

  "Okay, just don't let it happen again. I mean, tonight was really weird." He looked over at Nathan. "I need to head on home, get things sorted there. Nate can you-?"

   "Not a problem, Larry. I can handle the clean-up session here." Nathan assured him, giving a mock soldier salute.

   "Can you not be a smart ass for once?" Larry retorted, giving him a stern glare. "Not after what happened tonight."

   "Oi, oi alright. Just get some sleep will you? We're going to be in for hell tomorrow."

  "Don't remind me." Larry grumbled, about to take his leave.

 "See you guys tomorrow night." After making sure the night guard was out of ear shot, Nathan rubbed his hands together. "Now. Let's get to work so we can watch a movie later..."

 Xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

  Once all the cleaning had been completed, Nathan sighed with utmost relief when he gets himself off the floor after scrubbing it and fixing the ruined speakers.

 His IPod had just skipped to the next song, a favorite of his actually. Without realizing it, instead of humming he actually began singing along with the lyrics.

 I'm lost, where should I do?A small alleyway split into twelve waysWhere can I go to meet you again? If it's my destiny, if I can choose my destinyEven if I close my eyes and walk, I will choose the right pathHe did a little dance number with a broom earning a snicker from Jedidiah and chuckles from Octavius.

 Even Ahkmenrah grinned at his playful antics. The disappeared summer timeThe summer time that your eyes shone upon me. I'm not just waiting, I'm waking to find youThe summer time that will come back to meWhen the cold wind blows, I will close my eyesWhat's the time? Summer time

 He spun his broom and dipped it as if he were dancing with a woman earning a laugh from Teddy and Sacagawea when he passed by them. The brown haired lady has left to find her own pathShe has fallen in love again and she is happyIt's a story that has been re-written form the beginningThey say you can go to better places if you wear better shoes.

 So I won't stopUntil I find you Nathan eventually drop the broom before motioning everyone to join in on a little hustle he started. He and Octavius actually started to do a little duet at the last bit of the song.

   Will I find you wandering through strange times?Is it still far? When I get scared, I smile for no reasonHave you forgotten about me?I hope your time has stopped in mineSlow the time, stop the time!

 He, Ahkmenrah and Octavius pointed at one another in perfect sync. I will run a bit faster again and again and again! Once the song and dance had ended, Nathan's face flushed as the exhibits clapped and even heard some cheering in the process. "Well," Ahkmenrah began in between chuckles. "That was quite an experience." "I know right?" Nathan asked, laughing in between breaths from all the singing and dancing.

 His younger brother and sister are really into that particular singer he just sang along to: He had to admit, although he didn't like KPop all that much there were talented individuals in that genre. Jedidiah and Octavius put on another song, a French rap called Je reste Ghetto-that they were quite talented rapping along to surprisingly for miniatures. Everyone clapped and cheered for them when it had ended.

  Xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

  Sunrise was just around the corner.

  Nathan and Ahkmenrah had gone off separately away from the others talking quietly amongst themselves, hands intertwined. Before they stepped in, ready to say their goodbyes, the Pharaoh grits his teeth dropping to his knees feeling that increasing pain in his head once more.

  Nathan drops down beside him almost instantly, face turning a cottage cheese color at the sight of his beloved. "Ahk...What's going on?" He twitched momentarily, not liking how fearful he had sounded. He wasn't the one suffering from the damned tablet like Ahkmenrah and the others were. He places a hand upon the Pharaoh's cheek, surprised at how cold he felt. Like ice. Like death... he thinks to himself. Shuddering.

 After the tablet stops glowing, Ahkmenrah gave a sort of jerk when he re-opened his eyes and gasping for breath looking at the other. "I...am so frightened, Nathaniel." He whispers. This time Nathan does not bother correcting him on how to say his name. Instead, he all but nodded telling him gently that it was okay to be scared as he helped him get back inside his sarcophagus.

  "We'll figure something out, Ahk. Alright?" Nathan assured him, suddenly realizing how 'Larry like' he was sounding giving a quick shake of his head. When the sun finally arises, its rays glinting on the glass windows illuminating the museum the young man watched as Ahkmenrah slowly began to decompose before him.

 Turning nothing into a pile of decayed bones. Reaching inside, before closing the sarcophagus he trails a finger along one of Ahkmenrah's skeletal hands. He bites the inside of his cheek after closing the lid. Trepidation coiling around his body as he makes his way out of the museum.

Note: The lyrics are from Lee Jieun/IU's song 'The Red Shoes' I highly recommend it ^^ Very fun and upbeat song. Plus I like the jazzy feel it has to it. Not into Kpop like I was, a few years but IU is one I can return to /and DBSK/TVXQ of course/.