Showtime

After making sure Ahkmenrah was doing better than before, Nathan could now be seen pacing back and forth in front of Larry's desk in the security office. "I'm telling you Larry," he began. "Something's...something's really not right with Ahk's tablet tonight. Has it ever been green before?"

  "You know I'm not an expert in that field Nate," Larry sighed folding his hands underneath his chin in thought. Although he may not show it on the outside, he himself was deeply concerned. More so of hearing the Pharaoh passing out. Not wanting to worry Nathan more, he himself noted a 'strange' behavior from the exhibits. Hell even Teddy, Sacagawea, Jedidiah and Octavius all had their 'funky moments'.

  "Look: After the shows over tonight, I'll talk to Ahk more about it." "Would you?" Nathan asked, looking with hope in his eyes. "Geez. You're still young, you shouldn't be having all these worries." "But Larry this is something to worry about!" Nathan shouted. Larry looked at him, stunned at how...fearful Nathan truly looked as of now. Then it hit him. Hit him like a Mac truck going at fifty miles per hour down a long stretch of road.

 Ahkmenrah...he's worried about Ahk and the others. So that's it. He's scared. Scared that something will happen to the point they stop coming to life at night...Nathan tried not to show it but that's what all the worry was about. Still, he tried again.

  "Nate. Look, I...I know about how you and Ahk feel for one another but nothing's going to happen between you guys. And, even if something does happen. Maybe...maybe it's for the best."

  "For the best? 'For the best?!" Larry swallowed and re-coiled those thoughts. Yes. Yes it was true. He DID feel 'funny' about Nathan and Ahkmenrah starting a relationship: The guy was a living corpse by day for Christ's sake.

   "I'm just saying," Larry tried again, seeing as Nathan made an attempt to calm himself down. "Besides. Don't you think it's...it's a little strange anyway? Dating an  immortal mummy?"

  And cue more anger. Nathan laughed but it wasn't out of humor, it was out of disbelief. Dry. "I knew it," he muttered. "I knew you don't approve of our relationship. But you know what...I don't care. I don't care, what anyone thinks. Now. We still have a few hours to sunrise, thanks for a 'fantastic' talk."

  "Nate wait I-I didn't mean-!" He was cut off by the sound of the door slamming sighing heavily after. "That." He finished, rubbing his aching temples leaning back in his chair staring blankly up at the ceiling. Why can't something go right for once?

  Xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

  Sleep had not agreed with Nathan tonight apparently. Typically, it takes the average human at the most seven minutes before they fall into a peaceful slumber but it seemed that was not on Nathan's side. So many things were swirling throughout the young man's mind. One being why the hell Ahkmenrah's tablet was acting so bizarre.

 It truly did frighten him seeing Ahkmenrah in such a state. And the other was the 'argument' between him and Larry. He knew the night guard was only showing his concern, having been like another father figure towards him and all. Yet at the same time he didn't understand it at all. Ahkmenrah was a good guy.

 He wasn't a trouble-maker, Nathan had known him practically since he was a child and the most important thing was the fact they truly loved one another. After polishing his shoes, putting on the red tie, fixed the cuffs on his shirt he couldn't help but grin at himself in the mirror of his apartment bathroom.

 Grabbing his camera to take some photoshoots and such, he made sure his apartment door was locked only to stop and chat with one of the newer tenants, answering a question they asked before making his way out of the complex. Upon his decent down the stairs, he noticed Larry waiting for him at the banister.

 Dressed in an almost identical tuxedo. The car ride to the museum was an uneventful one. But, when they stepped out of the vehicle, Larry had beaten him to the punch. "Nate...Look. I...I'm sorry for what I said. Alright?" The older male sighed softly.

 "You're apologizing first?" Nathan asked, blinking in shock before lowering his head in shame. "I'm the one who should...I just. Things seemed to be going so well, after Kahmunrah that is and...I don't know."

 Larry clapped a hand on his shoulder. "We'll figure something out like I said alright?" Then a grin soon crosses over his face. "On a lighter note...man look at you. Ahk's not going to take his eyes off you for a minute. Now. Should we get this thing started?"

  A chuckle sounded from Nathan as he nodded, motioning Larry to lead the way. "After you kind sir." The minute they walked in, both tried forgetting about what had happened last night and the argument reminding the exhibits of what their lines were to be.

 Teddy and Sacagawea wandered up to them first. "Nathan! Son, you look spiffy I must say." The president said with genuine approval as did Sacagawea who nodded in agreement.

  "Aw thanks Ted." Nathan responded in a 'humble' tone but couldn't help of liking the compliments. "I do believe a certain Pharaoh is awaiting your arrival. Don't you think you should go to him?"

 Sacagawea asked, doing her best to keep a straight face but he saw a little grin twitch its way over the Shoshone woman's face making him chuckle and nod in understand. When he passed by Jedidiah and Octavius, he paused the minute he sees them watching a video of adorable cats/kittens on YouTube almost making him laugh along with the miniatures.

  "Uh...guys I hate to break this up. But show's about to start any minute now." "Aw we're just having a little bit 'o fun here, Teen Gigantor!" Jedidiah chortled.

  "What'd we say about the 'Gigantor' stuff short stack?" Nathan asked, giving a playful roll of his eyes.

  "I must say though my young liege," Octavius cut in, giving a bow of respect. "You are dressed very fine tonight. Like a God I must say."

 "Nobody likes a kiss ass Oct." Nathan replied with a teasing grin as Jedidiah snickered at the Roman general's flushed expression. Speaking of those two, he noticed that they had apparently grown quite close over the past couple of years. Of course, it didn't mean they held any 'romantic' interest in the other but something was in fact there.

  Hearing footsteps approaching the trio, Nathan turned seeing Larry return with Ahkmenrah. The Pharaoh nearly halted in his tracks when he first saw the younger male, unsure of what to even say at first until Larry gave a roll of his eyes nudging him in the ribs to snap out of it. "You guys all set? Two minutes until show time." He said.

  Nathan nodded. "Yes sir: I think everyone's finally good to go." "Excellent. I'll see if Teddy and Sacagawea are still ready since they're up first." The night guard shot one more glance at the couple, as if saying 'I'm still keeping my eye on you two' before going off in the other direction. "Knock 'em dead Larry!" Nathan called out to him.

 "Pardon?" Ahkmenrah asked, an adorable confused look gracing his face in which Nathan laughed softly at it giving him an assuring smile.

  "Just a figure of speech Ahk."

  "I see..." The younger could feel his face burn as Ahkmenrah wrapped his arms around his waist, pulling him in with a teasing grin. Whispering in his ear. "Octavius is correct though. You really do look incredible. You always do." He gives Nathan a kiss on the cheek then a quick one on the lips. A shiver ran down Nathan's spine at the contact. Pulling away from Ahkmenrah just a bit, he puts Octavius on one shoulder, Jedidiah on the other and winks at the trio.

   "And let the show begin."