5. Different Paths

5.

Hayim's POV

"Welcome to the Family Hayim" the sound of my name forced me to turn around and look at the man from whose mouth the name was. I recognised him as Pablo de Niro, the coach who supposedly arranged for my trials. Although with the sight of some few guns and hemp scent, I surely knew this was something different from football. The pit of my stomach went empty with fear but I tried my best to hide it.
"Where is Miss Sumayya?" I demanded before adding "Is she a part of this plan?"
"Young man, early love bird, your woman is safe." I wanted to punch the smirk off his face but he's too intimidating, talk less of all his boys who backed me into a corner the first step I took towards him pointing some guns to my head.
"Okay" I just say without knowing what to say, how to ask or where to even begin.
That was when he ordered for me to sit and brought a drink for me.
"Shall we talk business now?" He asked and I was sure I have no other option but to say yes.
That was when he told me about their plan to set a market at our college. The way he talked was so confusing at the beginning, but I later understood what he was trying to say. Being the college's hottest asset, it was obvious that I mingle with people who are heads above shoulders when it comes to drugs. Drugs, yes that was what he wanted me to deal for him. All the cars, the parties, the money we spent and the flight was just him trying to gave me a preview of the amazing life I will lead if I can join his entourage. There was no way I was going to deal drugs. But knowing I was not in a position of power, I played to his beat and acted like I was all in.
That was when my first test came. "Give him the 'Welcome'". He said and some guys brought a little sachet containing some pills before handing them over to me. "There you go Mr. Hayim, the sign up to my Family"

I looked at him and then to the pills at my hand, there was no way I can take that shit. "I will take these when am home and safe with my Sumy" I said with an assuring smile.

"Sports and drugs never go together, I have told that bitch" He started with a daring look in his eyes as he was walking towards me. If anything, am afraid and so scared that I knew about them and won't like what they'll do to me if I refuse the offer. Damn, Miss Sumayya knew all this. The cold touch of a metal on the side of my head brought me out of my thoughts and his face was just inches away from mine. Its a gun to my head, Oh My God. Before I knew it, I just took a handful of the pills to my mouth and chew, bitter.
"That's my boy!" He shouted and my throat started to get dry, then eveything was blurry and went dark. I can't feel my hands, legs, skin, everthing. I blacked out.

Fawza's POV
A few days after my altercation with Sulaiman, we met again at the colleges' annual talent competition premier. This time I was together with Layla and Ruky. I applied to represent our school at the singing sector. But I have to go through some screaning process because a few other students have also applied and only one can be picked.
"Hey Fawza, nice to meet you here" He greeted us but Ruky doesn't look welcoming at all.
"Nice to meet you again" I replied looking at Layla and Ruky for their reactions. The earlier smiled and nod while the later gave me a stern look, mouthing the word at me "again?".
"Hey ladies, I am sulaiman. Nice to meet you" He knew how to act like a gentleman, there was no way he was there to fight. "It's nice meeting you and am sorry for the other day" he added.
"Ohh, it's okay, never mind" Layla replied still sporting the smile on her face.
"Never mind that we were called bitches...?" Ruky chipped in. "What an insult"
"Am not in support of that Miss." he tried to reason with her but she gave him a middle finger and left us. It takes time for her to get over things like that, but am not sure if she is ever getting over this one.
To my surprise, I turned around to see him smiling at the unpleasant gesture. That smile, butterflies in me stomach, I need to not loose my focus and be out of control. Hayim has not called me for roughly a week and am already over him I guess. So, this might be the start of a new chapter for me.
"What are you doing here?" I asked him as we continued to talk about school.
"Am the captain"
He said it with pride, like he won it over someone else or through some stressing hardwork. I know he is a good player, but not Hayim good.
"Yeah, I remember" I continued "You are here for the football competition premier"
"Yes, we have never won it you know. But with me as the leader, everything will be different this year" This guy want to always boast, but I like it that he is confident and ready to show it.
"I hope so" Layla join in just like she did occasionally through the conversation, before going to get us some drinks. The way Sulaiman looked at me changed the moment she's gone.
"What?" I asked
"I don't know why, but any time I meet you, I feel so free to talk to you" He started and set his voice straight when he saw me smile. "I wanted to talk to you ever since I arrived but..." He trailed off.
"But what?" I probed for him to say it out but he just smiled.
"Are you in a relationship" the question was his reply and I found myself saying "no". That was when Layla returned.
"Same here" he said pointing to his chest. She handed us our bottles and Sulaiman thanked her before heading to the stage. Its Football sign up time.
"Wow! You guys looked so nice together" Layla with the gossip the moment he was gone. She told me that I was destined to always be top of the college but I raised a brow at her.
"He didn't say anything you know" I said trying to go off the topic.
"He will say soon, that look in his eyes"

I saw Sulaiman return to us, but before I say a word. "I forgot to say, See you around Fawza and ...?" He said demanding for Layla's name.
"Layla" she said with enthusiasm
"Yeah, Layla" he said and tapped my shoulder before turning to leave.
His touch, full of assurance. But I can not tell what the assurance was for. Assurance of what? Seeing me again? I don't quit know.

Song🎶: Justin Bieber_ One Less Lonely Girl

Here it is Famous. Will Hayim wake up? When? Fawza in a world of her own with Layla's support. Comment your thoughts and vote... Love xxxxxx