7. The Risk

Hayim's POV

Dawn came in a blink of an eye, and I tiptoed out of the room silently so that I would not wake Sumy up. The night before, she told me all about where they've kept her father. I had my own plans but choose to keep them in my mind, without letting her get the slightest clue of what I was about to do. She will definitely stop me from doing it anyway, so I choose to shut my mouth up.

After arriving at the place I've first met Mr. Pablo, I went straight to the backyard tunnel she told me about and easily broke the cover open. It was so dark inside, darker than the night I have left behind me outside. I was damn scared, it's the demons of darkness trying to scare the ones inside of me, so that they will force me out. But I have already made up my mind and nothing can make me turn around. Without using any source of light to avoid attention, I walked through the tunnel and finally arrived at a corridor after climbing through a circular opening at the end of the tunnel. It was disgusting how someone can be this heartless to keep a human being, an old man for that matter all alone in this scary place. After taking a turn towards the room he's supposed to be in, I found a big, muscular, scary man, dressed in black staring holes into me and before momentarily began the chase. Being a footballer, I was so fast with loads of stamina. Before he knew it, I out ran him and entered the tunnel I used to get in. My heart was beating so fast, adrenaline rushing but my brain never panicked and I stocked to the plan. As he started climbing down the ladder into the tunnel, I pushed  the already loose ladder away and he fell onto some old water run furniture. To my surprise, he never moved after falling, so the metal bar I was holding never had the chance to taste a splash from his skull. I picked a bunch of keys and a gun from him, set the ladder back up, ran to the room and freed her Father.
"Hayim..!" He started but trailed off with tears all over his face.
Oh My God, how did he recognise me. After all, I didn't even know his face, may be I was just too young to know him before all this started. "We don't have enough time, we need to go" I shouted trying to sound calm all together.
"Why are you here? How did Yakub let you into this?" But I lead the way holding his hand without saying a word. The lump in my throat just keep growing and tears were ready to fall from my eyes just seeing the condition he was in. But the light I saw after coming out of the tunnel made panic set in my mind. It was already morning and I didn't know what Sumy will do when she found out that I was gone after waking up. The Devil was going to show up at our place at eight in the morning. Looking at my phone, I already had five missed calls from her and it was already twenty minutes to eight.

We reached home four minutes before eight and his car was just parking by. We climbed through the back window to avoid them. Sumy was so emotional and just ran into her father's arms, tears falling from from her already red and swollen eyes. But before they can share a single word, a knock came on the door. It was him, Mr. Pablo.

I unlocked the door from the inside after the fifth knock to reveal an angry looking Pablo.
"Don't you respect time?" He asked with a fuss.

"We overslept"

"You over fucked, just admit it." What a jerk he is?

"We are ready. Are you?" I asked him and he gestured for one of his men to bring a small duffel bag. After collecting it, he walked around the room and towards the big bag we've stuffed Sumy's Father in. She tried talking us against the idea but her father obviously said we had no choice because the devil was at our door.

"Let me keep it in your bag in a way the officers can't find it." Pablo said. My heart started beating faster with the fear that he might found out. I motioned to talk but he picked Sumy's suitcase and put the duffel bag in before I could talk. What a relief.

His men drove us to the airport after he left. Everything happened so fast and we were already aboard. But before flying up, Sumy who has been crying for both happiness and sorrow turned to me and said.

"Look, he had found out"

I looked through the window to see some of Pablo's black Chevrolets a distance from the runway. But there was nothing he can do about it, the plane had already started moving. After most of the people in the plane were sleeping, Sumy helped bring down the bag and opened her father who was so emotional for a second reunion in freedom. Nigeria, here we come.

Fawza's POV

Khalil drove us all to Sulaiman's house in Sageer's Corolla LE. Sitting in the front seat, I can see him and Layla disturbing the shit out of everyone in the car, getting too cozy cuddling up. May be that is why he gave up driving his own car. Sulaiman's house was one of the best, bigger and obviously more expensive than Hayim's. Have to admit that out of my friends, Only Abdul own something like that. Nonetheless, Hayim's was classic with all kind of decorations one can expect. It was a long time of working together that made it that classy when we were a couple. But he's gone now and I have to move on.

The game was a truth or dare and the penalty for failing is a dance to a song selected by the winner.
"I'll go first" Khalil enquired with a smirk on his ever childish face.
"There you go" Sulaiman, who was our host for that day kept leading the way. He's such a man, always ready to take the lead which is the direct opposite of Hayim. He always wanted to do things my way. There were time when I can't made the decisions and have to leave it up to him even though I enjoyed taking the lead a lot of times.
"Truth or Dare" Khalil said, directing the question to Abdoul.
"Haha, Truth man, you know I'll go with that"
"Okay. How much is that wrist watch?"
"Khalil....!" Abdoul started. But know that he has to answer truthfully, he just shut up and answered. "Seventy two thousand"
We all shouted with excitement. But from the look on Khalil's face, I understood that he's just sending a message that they are already rich before letting Suleiman into their crew.
The game went on and on, with everyone asking questions and answers flying between us.
Sageer's turn came and he directed his question at me. "Truth or Dare?"
I looked at him for a while trying to read his eyes, but he's not giving out anything. So I just go for a dare.
He smiled a wicked smile and dared my to dance to one of Hayim's songs, "Dance In The Rain". I hated that song, everything about it, it just remind me of what a coward he was. He sang it as an inspiration for us to hold on even when we were a far. But am not a kid, and my life is not a movie to fall for all that crap. I have moved on and now Sageer, with his devilish eyes is bringing shit back.
"Haha, you know I wont" I answered everyone, but to my disappointment, no one was on my side, it was a game and I have to honour the rules.
"Dance! Dance! Dance!" they were all shouting, but I was so angry at them and didn't move at all.
"Hey babe, let me help you through" A soft voice, with a calming tune was whispered into my ear. And before a moment pass, I felt his soft hand taking my hand, and the other right on my waist. I was lost in the moment and just leaned into his lovely touch. Suleiman was such a darling. We danced to the beat and with him right here, none of the lyrics seemed to be about being far away because he made me forget all the past. I wanna be with him, dance forever if possible.
The song was over in a flash and their claps brought me back to the time and place we were in.
"You two are amazing" Ruky said, finally approving of my relationship with Suleiman.
We went to Season Seven Restourant for the dinner after the game, then Suleiman drove me and the girls back at home.
"Good Night Babe" he blew a kiss into the air for me.
"Good Night Boo" I answered after a little hesitation thinking about the moment we spent dancing together and he just drove off into the night.
"Happy for you...!" Layla shouted before throwing herself at me. I just hugged her back looking at Ruky.
"He love you Fawza, I hope you are not in for the showoff."
I was surprised by her, so I asked "How do you know?"
"Girl, the way he looked at you while you guys were dancing, it says it all."

He love me, and I like him to, I like him so much and he is my Boo.

"While Rescuing Sumayya's Father, his love has been taken away. Can he rescue that as well?"
Drop your thoughts and views in the comment section below, thanks for reading💗