seven - blueberries

I don't care what the adults say. School sucks, especially now. I will never stop complaining about it.

"Here you go Hazel. Another math test to see how well you've been paying attention."

"Can you just teach me old stuff? Like in 1940s talk?"

"Hazel the whole purpose of this is to get you caught up with new age education. So if you were to go to a normal school, you've be caught up."

"I'm old enough to be their grandmother."

"But you look eleven and still act like a child."

"I prefer the word tween." I pointed my finger.

"Just take the test and you'll be done." She walked back to her desk.

I rolled my eyes and started writing down my answers.

I'm not Tony Stark or Bruce Banner. Math is not my forte, I hate it with a passion.

I probably got these answers wrong but I don't care.

"Finished!" I stood up and handed her the paper.

"That was only 7 minutes Hazel."

"Who cares, I did the test now I'm leaving." I waved and walked out of the room.

I wanted to see what Bruce and Tony were up to.

"The Gamma readings are definitely consistent with Selvig's reports on the Tesseract. But it's gonna take weeks to process." I heard Banner say as I walked in

Tony was working on a screen.

"Hey kid, want a blueberry?"

"Yes! I haven't ate since yesterday, I can't find the cafeteria." I took a couple blueberries and popped them in my mouth.

"Why won't you just ask someone?" Banner spoke up while not talking his eyes off what he was doing.

"The agents don't really care to talk to a kid."

"If we bypass their mainframe and direct route to the Homer cluster we can clock this at around six hundred teraflops." Tony turned a screen to show Bruce.

"All I packed was a toothbrush." Banner scoffed

"If it makes you feel any better, I literally have just about no belongs." I took a seat in one of the chairs and stole more blueberries.

Tony giggled a little "You know, you should come by Stark Tower some time. Top ten floors-all R and D. You'd love it, it's a candy land." Tony offered.

"Thanks but...last time I was in New York I kind of broke...Harlem." Banner seemed uncomfortable.

"Well, I promise a stress free environment. No tension, no surprises."

Tony stood up and zapped Bruce in the side. Is he nuts?

"Ow!" Bruce exclaimed

"Hey!" I heard a shout and looked at the doorway. Steve came walking in.

"Nothing?" Tony shrugged

Steve approached. "Are you nuts?"

"Jury's out!" Tony turned to Banner. "You really have got a lid on it, haven't you? What's your secret? Mellow jazz, bongo drums, huge bag of weed?"

"What's weed?" I perked up.

"Don't worry about it." Tony pointed at me.

"Is everything a joke to you?" Steve walked closer to where Tony and Banner were.