Chapter 2

-Before, during, after the date-

"Shikamaru!" The blond haired called right outside his house on that early 10 in the morning in Konohagakure. "Oii! Shikamaru, wake up, dattebayo!"

Soon enough, the Nara lad open the door with a yawn and his resting outfit. He gave Naruto a glare along with his sleepy expression but the other lad was too excited to get scared of him. "You better have a hell of an excuse if you wake me up this early, mendokse,"

"Of course, I have, dattebayo!" He said with a grin.

He yawned before took a seat right in front of his porch with Naruto. "What do you want?"

He smiled before sheepishly ask, "where was the first time you took Temari on a date?"

"Why's this all of a sudden? Where is thing going?" Shikamaru was surprised to hear his friend's question. His mother would never ask him about this, why would Naruto?

"Ano sa, I asked Hinata on a date, dattebayo. Demo, I'm not quite sure where I should take her. Shikamaru, I want to impress her, dattebayo!" Naruto yelled at him made the other lad surprised at how loud he is.

Demo: but

"Chotto! Shh," he hushed him him before shaking his head. "You're going to wake my mom up. Mendokse. All of people and you ask me for this? Naruto, I thought you knew better,"

Chotto: wait

"Because you're smart, dattebayo," Naruto frowned as he slumped his shoulders. "Dakara, I asked you, dattebayo,"

Dakara: that's why, so, etc

He saw how Shikamaru looked at him with an annoyed looks. Maybe today isn't the right time to ask him about this, he seems to be not in the mood. This is Shikamaru we're talking about, he's always not in the mood for anything. Naruto gave him a guilty smile but still patiently waiting for his answer. He's asking a very good question, so Shikamaru should have a gut to answer it.

"Nope, I'm not telling," with that, Shikamaru stood up before yawning.

"Eh!? Matte, Shikamaru-,"

"This is for Hinata. Naruto, you should be a man and knows what kind of type she likes. Mendokse, she's too kind for you," Shikamaru frowned at him.

The blond spiky haired lad also frowned after hearing what his friend said. "Stop saying that, dattebayo. You're making me look bad,"

"Then repay her kindness with your own hard work. I'm done for now. Come to me when your date is a success," Shikamaru waved his hand as he get back inside to his house.

"Shikamaru!" Naruto called again but the other lad ignored him as he closed the door right in front of his face. He pouted as he looked down.

He was right, this is for Hinata. If he wants people to stop treat him like a bad person in his relationship, he should repay her kindness with his hard work. Shikamaru is bloody genius. He stood up before run again to the main village and search for that certain place for a date. He doesn't want a place where it doesn't hold a memory for them, a place something more memorable for the both of them.

He still thinks Shikamaru was the best person to talk this out, but he's out from the list now. He needs someone's advice, but who? The first thing he had in his mind from that morning was Shikamaru. Who would be the right person to talk about this other than Shikamaru? Sakura is also out of his league. She's going to scold him for not manly enough to think about it himself than giving him an idea.

"Naruto?" He looked up and saw Sai with his not-on-mission outfit. His skin was so pale on that early morning, he started to think that the weather was too cold for him.