Chapter 10

-Something New-

"Shikamaru?" Temari called in the Nara residence. She walked to the living room and saw her husband was cleaning some old documents to the empty boxes so he can bring it to the Hokage's library for a convenient research. "Nanishiteruno?"

Nanishiteruno: what are you doing?

The Nara head leader huffed before he wiped his sweat with his sleeves. "Mendokse na, Kakashi wanted to gather some documents about Otsustsuki clan. Shodai Hokage just happened to have them,"

"The first Hokage?" Temari slowly sat down next to him. "So, the Otsutsuki clan are already here before?"

"We can only assume. They attacked Sasuke while he was in the forest," Shikamaru said as he put the last scroll into the box. "This should be it,"

"I never see you being this serious about the Otsutsuk beforei," Temari teased him while rubbing his back softly.

"One of the clan on the moon almost destroy our world. Mendokse, he even almost kill Naruto and Hinata," he closed his eyes, remembering those days back on the moon. "So, of course, I'm going to be serious about this,"

"That's unlike you," she giggled before she looked out to the view outside. "Have you ever thought about it?"

"Thought about what?" Shikamaru looked at her who was blushing.

"You know what I'm talking about," she sighed before standing up. "Never mind. We'll talk about it some other time,"

"Temari? Oi! If there's something you want to talk about, then we can talk now. Mendokse... Temari?" Shikamaru called for her but she already standing up and walkef out from the room with the empty glass of coffee that he drank that morning. He huffed before standing up and mumbled, "mendokse,"

He then grabbed the box full of documents and walked to the front door before he yelled, "Ittekimasu,"

Ittekimasu: I'm going out

"Itterashai," Temari showed up from the kitchen with a napkin. She then say, "I wanted to talk about the baby but... I'm sure this one is important for you so we'll talk about that later,"

"Mendokse, why don't you say so?" Shikamaru sighed. "I could've stay a little longer to talk,"

"No, don't worry. Your mission is more important. We can talk through this tonight," Temari said before waving her hand to see him leave to the Hokage's office. "Itterashai, Shikamaru,"

He gave her a guilty smile before nodding. "I won't be late,"

She rolled her eyes before closing the door as she watched him leave, rubbing her three months pregnant bump. "You always say that but never proof it,"

On the way to the Hokage's office, Shikamaru had to make a quick stop at the side of the road because of how sore his arms were for carrying this box full of Otustsuki clan theories. Hashirama Senju sure likes to write for the future, huh? It is very useful for them now, but he doesn't need to write one scroll per chapter. Well, it's hard to argue with that since they barely have papers and books back in the day.

He let out an exhausted sighed before he dropped the box to rest a little. The documents were very thick and he was pretty much too lazy to go for another round, especially when the Hokage's office was still too far from where he was right now. He could see the Hokage's faces from where he was standing, there was no way he could get there in time. If only there was a certain someone who would help him deliver this box to Kakashi, maybe he wouldn't sweat this much.

"Mattaku, I would talk to Temari about the baby she's having. Mendokse, I'm wasting too much time to send this," he complained under his breath before he stretched his arms up to gain some energy. "Hiosh. Let's try again,"