I Have Made A Semi-Enemy And Gained An Ally

there are like 8 chapters left but sorry lads i am just The Worst!!! i had so many essays and exams this week i have had a total of 0 minutes to write i promise i'm trying my best!! please direct all hatemail to my pm's i would love to read it! <3<3<3
update: i wrote all of this and then wattpad decided to Suck and it deleted all of it End Me i had to redo this

  One ring.

  Two rings.

  Three rings.

  He picks up.

  "Hello, Jake Dillinger speaking, who is this?"

  My mouth keeps shut. I can't bring myself to speak. I look over to Jeremy and he sends a lazy thumbs up in my direction. Jeremy. Okay, Michael, just remember who you're doing this for.

  "Hey, uh, J... Jake! It's... uhm, y'know... uh... Michael," I say, in such an incredibly awkward way that I instantly felt the need to tear my skin off after saying it. I'm usually really good at talking to people, and now all of a sudden when I'm talking to the person who has pledged their life to protecting Jeremy and that I am trying desperately to impress, I can't even formulate a sentence properly.

  "Oh! Michael!" There was a short silence, "What's... what's up?"

"Nothing much, you?"

"You're calling me about Jeremy?"

  I freeze for a second, thinking of what to say, "Uh, do you know like, that Jeremy and I got... we made up? We're like... okay again. And stuff."

  "Oh!" he says again, "Uh, that's neat. Uhm... he... he forgave you for like... all that?"

  "Surprisingly," I snort, and Jeremy very audibly slaps me on the arm, "I mean, uh. yeah. Yeah, he did."

  "You guys bros again?"

  "Yeah."

"Uh, sorry for like... telling him all that stuff. We just wanted to make sure that Jeremy wasn't getting himself into an abusive friendship or anything, y'know dude? You get it, right?"

No. I don't. I really don't. "I mean, yeah, but come to me first next time before you start telling him stuff like that, please. I'm just glad this didn't escalate, y'know?"

  "Damn, okay, as long as Jeremy's okay with you again then I forgive you too. Even though like, you fricked up and stuff."

  "We are seventeen, Jake, you can say fuck."

  "You frickled it up, my guy."

  I can't help but laugh as the tension in the room dissipates, "Uh, anyways! I didn't come to ask you for like, forgiveness or anything, Jeremy told me to tell you something."

  "Why can't Jeremy just tell me?"

  "I don't know. He's completely sleep-deprived and delusional right now, God knows what's going through his head," I look down at Jeremy and he's staring into space, completely oblivious to the fact that I am badmouthing him right in front of him, "You just have to promise not to tell Rich."

  "Oh, uh, M-Michael, actually—"

  "Jeremy and I are dating."

There's a silence on the other side of the call. Then I hear a voice which is definitely not Jake's. "I'm sorry you guys are what?"

That was Rich's voice.

  I can actually hear Jake push Rich out of the way with a large THUMP. Jake speaks up hurriedly: "Crap, Michael, sorry, I should've told you Rich was in the room—"