3

Five set a wooden cutting board down on the kitchen counter before walking away to go grab something

Five set a wooden cutting board down on the kitchen counter before walking away to go grab something. The group all glanced at each other before looking at Five in both confusion and amazement. Emilia on the other hand was staring at the boy with a huge grin and a look of relief on her face.

Diego couldn't even remember the last time she had looked so relieved and happy. Probably sometime before Ben had passed or even before Five had disappeared.

"What's the date? The exact date?" Five asked as he grabbed a bag of bread, a bag of marshmallows and some peanut butter. "The 24th," Vanya answered. Five glanced at her in slight annoyance. "Of what?" He asked. "March," Emilia replied. Five looked relieved before saying, "Good."

"So, are we gonna talk about what just happened?" Luther asked the boy. Five remained silent as he took two pieces of bread out of the bag and placed them on the cutting board. Luther rolled his eyes before standing up.

"It's been seventeen years," Luther said. Five scoffed and turned to look at his brother. "It's been a lot longer than that," Five told him. He then disappeared before reappearing by the cabinets behind Luther. "I haven't missed that," Luther muttered.

"Where'd you go?" Diego asked. "The future," Five replied simply. "It's shit, by the way." He disappeared again before reappearing near the food.

"Called it!" Klaus exclaimed. "I should've listened to the old man," Five said as he walked over to the fridge. "You know, jumping through space is one thing, jumping through time is a toss of the dice."

He walked back over to where he was making his sandwich and paused as he looked up at Klaus. "Nice dress," he told him. Klaus smiled. "Oh, well, danke," he said.

"Wait, how did you get back?" Vanya asked. "In the end, I had to project my consciousness forward into a suspended quantum state version of myself that exists across every possible instance of time," Five answered simply while everyone gave him blank looks.

"That makes no sense," Diego muttered. "Well it would if you were smarter," Five told him and Emilia about choked on the air she was breathing. She began to laugh while Diego glared at her.

He turned his attention to Five and began to stand up while muttering, "You little shit." Emilia lifted her hand up and gently placed it on Diego's arm. He looked down at her and she still had a hint of amusement in her eye as she gently shook her head at him.

Diego glanced at Five before looking back at the girl in front of him. He let out a small sigh before sitting back down. Emilia patted his arm in a thank you before looking back at Five.