13

shorter chapter than usual but the one I originally had written was too long so I had to split it into two parts. another chapter should be up in about an hour or so, so be prepared! also, thank you for all of the amazing feedback you all have been giving me! it literally makes my day and I read every comment you guys write ahaha. love you all!! <3

"Emilia, hurry up! We're going to be late!" Five exclaimed as he rushed by her room and to his own

"Emilia, hurry up! We're going to be late!" Five exclaimed as he rushed by her room and to his own. "I'm hurrying!" she yelled back.

Emilia was already having trouble getting completely ready and the fact that the alarms signaled a mission were blaring all around her and that Five was trying to rush her were not helping the anxiety she was already feeling. She let out a frustrated groan as she hoped around on one leg trying to get her shoe on. Just when she was about to successfully get it on, the girl slipped and fell onto the ground with a groan.

"Em!" Klaus exclaimed as he came running across the hallway and into her room in a panic. "I can't find my mask! How am I supposed to fight crime without my mask?" He was breathing heavily and didn't even seem to notice that his sister was currently sprawled out on the floor. Emilia sighed and she sat up as she began to finish putting her shoe on.

"Did you check the bathroom? You might have left it when we were testing our superhero poses in front of the mirror," she said. Klaus' eyes lit up in realization. "I forgot about that," Klaus said before he ran out of the room and towards the shared bathroom that they all had. Not even a second later, he came running back by the room with a smile on his face as he waved the mask in the air and exclaimed, "Found it!"

Emilia chuckled softly to herself right as her boot slid on. "Yes," she whispered before standing up and brushing the dirt off of her pants. Once she was sure that she was presentable, Emilia glanced at herself in the small mirror that she had in her room and smiled. "Let's do this," she whispered before grabbing her mask and leaving the room.

"How will the Umbrella Academy ever become an effective crime deterrent if we can't even leave the house on time for missions?" Hargreeves asked as he watched the kids frantically run through the hallways as they tried to grab all of their things and finish getting ready. "Come along, children! Come along!"

Emilia huffed in annoyance and stumbled out of her room and into Grace who was just coming to check up on her. Grace caught the girl before she could fall and smiled. "Emilia, dear. Ready to go?" She asked. "Yes, Mom," Emilia nodded.

Grace smiled and gently grabbed the mask in Emilia's hand. She put it on for the girl before leaning forward to kiss the girl's forehead. Emilia opened her mouth to thank her, but was cut off by the sound of her brother's laughter filling the air.